PC Peripherals Someone explain Dell's Advanced Exchange Service & Premium Panel Guarantee "U2412M"

Sorry to hijack this thread but just wanted some advice
Have got a Dell st2220l and a month back some ant got into the monitor and got fried up behind the glass panel and its now stuck there for a month.
Will dell honor its warranty??

If you are getting 17K back..why not get a new U 2412M?. I got a quote for 16.4k.

You can save a few hundred bucks...and get a new monitor.

Was this recent and from where since the prices for monitors has sky rocketed recently. I am locally getting quote of around 19k, Dell is asking for 21K and in CHD the local price quote is 18.6K.

- - - Updated - - -

well this problem occured after that severe light fluctuation which even your apc couldnt help, so it was caused because of a power issue at your place

and other thing is, if your apc couldnt handle the fluctuation, how will the benq or any xyz company help, before you buy a monitor, would recommend a power audit done by a certified electrician

Ya got the UPS checked out but not the house wires, the battery for the UPS is totally dead and that was the reason it failed almost instantly. The APC guy has pointed my Dual GPU as the reason i told him its a 7770 CF not some high end GPU ohh well, now that the battery is changed its as good as earlier.

Was this recent and from where since the prices for monitors has sky rocketed recently. I am locally getting quote of around 19k, Dell is asking for 21K and in CHD the local price quote is 18.6K.

- - - Updated - - -

Ya got the UPS checked out but not the house wires, the battery for the UPS is totally dead and that was the reason it failed almost instantly. The APC guy has pointed my Dual GPU as the reason i told him its a 7770 CF not some high end GPU ohh well, now that the battery is changed its as good as earlier.

I got the quote directly from dell couple of days ago...Initially quote was given for 17.5k...subsequently was given for 16.35k inclusive of Vat and all ...and booked at that price.

Checked with Deltapage...and it costed 17.5 there...and enquired at the itdepot they have a price of 22.5k. so the direct dell was the best price I could find.

Oh. BTW I'm at Chennai. Not Sure if that matters. I believe dell monitor comes from the local Chennai factory.

Weird i never got a quote so low i called my old dell guy also still noting below 19.5 :0

- - - Updated - - -

Another update saw new Benq AMVA panels they were rubbish the TN display benq's are better other than viewing angles. I have locked on any good FullHD LED backlite TV with a VA or IPS panel around 23-26inch. Seems like monday will be another outing searching for good TV's SONY, LG and Samsung.

Any recommendations will be used as a monitor also.

UPDATE: DELL HAS scwed me over they say i can not get a refund because i did not buy the screen from their 1800 number instead of that i bought it from DELL DIRECT which apparently are not covered under the same policy?

So the result is that i can only get a U2312HM in the end of the day, they say i will get a brand new unit for my problems but still its a U2312HM not a U2412M. Going over display wars Visual TV Size Comparison : 24 inch 16x10 display vs 23 inch 16x9 display the width is almost the same only height is what is really different at 1.44 inchs. Have no real choice here other than keep fighting with Dell or get the U2312HM and since i am not going to do a court case. So just like that my FullHD TV plans are scrapped Dell really did one over on me.

Forgot to add that the U2312HM is going to be a brand new unit and i will get 3 months extended warranty.

UPDATE2 - Gave up today and said yes for the U2312HM it is already shipped today they say. Gave up because prices for all the Dell monitors apparently went up and still no stock for U2412M. Along with their complete no refund policy am left with very less to choose from.

From what i am told i will have to sign twice, once for a S2440L "Same inch is mandatory for Dell warranty" next for the U2312HM. This all is super confusing i would have been happy if i had gotten both the displays :(

Oh well U2312HM is not that bad i guess wonder if this gets spoiled later on if i will get another U2312HM or U2412M?

The courier people took away my U2412M and gave me my new U2312HM today morning glade i have Sunday to break in the display :p

I wrote a review here check it out for impressions on U2312HM compared to my U2412M...

Any questions are welcom feel free, oh and btw i asked around how much it would cost to sue Dell for this whole U2412M to U2312HM the layer said more than 3K and a year that's for sure.

Whats the difference betwen Dell Direct and the 1800 number ?
The courier people took away my U2412M and gave me my new U2312HM today morning glade i have Sunday to break in the display :p

I wrote a review here check it out for impressions on U2312HM compared to my U2412M...

Any questions are welcom feel free, oh and btw i asked around how much it would cost to sue Dell for this whole U2412M to U2312HM the layer said more than 3K and a year that's for sure.

Whats the difference betwen Dell Direct and the 1800 number ?

Dell direct is a official Dell shop which is located in Shimla and other places. They apparently are not authorized to sell monitors or they are partially authorized i dont know but according to Dell customer care if i had bought my U2412M monitor from the Dell 1800 number "Phone support" i would have been covered with specific internal policies which i am not right now since i bought it from a physical shop. These so called internal policies would have made it possible to receive a cash refund instead of a U2312HM/S2440L replacement which would have been a much much better deal.

Back