PC Peripherals Someone explain Dell's Advanced Exchange Service & Premium Panel Guarantee "U2412M"

sanjiv

Disciple
I am in bit of a problem my U2412M is not working properly after a severe light fluctuation "APC UPS did not help system restarted". There are thee dead pixels on screen and the screen flickers and gets stuck every now and then.

What does the dell's Premium Panel Guarantee and Advanced Exchange Service cover how do i go about getting a replacement? Will i get a new monitor or a refurnished one?

My U2412M is now about 4 months old i had a S2330MX but that was worthless.

UPDATE: DELL HAS scwed me over they say i can not get a refund because i did not buy the screen from their 1800 number instead of that i bought it from DELL DIRECT which apparently are not covered under the same policy?

So the result is that i can only get a U2312HM in the end of the day, they say i will get a brand new unit for my problems but still its a U2312HM not a U2412M. Going over display wars Visual TV Size Comparison : 24 inch 16x10 display vs 23 inch 16x9 display the width is almost the same only height is what is really different at 1.44 inchs. Have no real choice here other than keep fighting with Dell or get the U2312HM and since i am not going to do a court case. So just like that my FullHD TV plans are scrapped Dell really did one over on me.

Forgot to add that the U2312HM is going to be a brand new unit and i will get 3 months extended warranty.

You will obviously get a refurbished one. Nobody give brand new replacements these days.

From what I heard, Dell doesn't even need to replace with the same model. For instance I have heard of at least one case where Dell replaced a defective almost new IPS based premium LCD with a TN based one of the same size that is half the price of the original one.

You will obviously get a refurbished one. Nobody give brand new replacements these days.

From what I heard, Dell doesn't even need to replace with the same model. For instance I have heard of at least one case where Dell replaced a defective almost new IPS based premium LCD with a TN based one of the same size that is half the price of the original one.

You are mistaken. Dell replaces with the same or a better model.If the Monitor is EOL,he will be an equivalent or a better model for sure.

Well had a chat today with Dell care they said U2412M is out of stock and i was eligible to get S2440L as a replacement :(

The S2440L is not better than my monitor its a VA after all and not a IPS. This is so not right there must be people who have dealt with dell care.

EDIT: Its for 15K at flipkart Dell 24 inch LCD - S2440L Monitor: Flipkart.com

My monitor is for 20K Dell 24 inch LED - U2412 Monitor: Flipkart.com

I would rather take a 23inch IPS than this VA POS

Did u explain this to the Dell rep.Tell them that you will escalate this matter if it is replaced with a lesser product.And keep on updating on whatever happens in the thread.Call them again.

I had trouble with Dell when my monitor developed problems and the warranty had expired...apparently Dell don't service / fix the problem once it is out-of-warranty..even if we are ready to pay for the service. I was advised to get it done outside...and the outside guy is still waiting for the component from Dell :(

Looks like we are likely to face problems even when in warranty.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/Pop...n&cs=04&sku=986-4872&price=0.00&client=config

Dell's Terms - Replacement system or replacement part will be dispatched, if necessary, following phone-based troubleshooting, in advance of receipt of returned defective part or system. Replacements may be refurbished. Defective unit must be returned. Availability varies. Other conditions apply.

The owner of IBF (broadbandforum dot in) had issues with his premium Dell displays frequently, and got it replaced every single time. While replacement was done even for a single pixel problem, the fact that he had to replace multiple times wasn't exactly pleasant. You can check for details on that forum.

Have escalated the problem to the manager he said i can have my pick of any monitor i want below and equal to the U2412M. He sent me a list of all the models below and equal to my U2412M. Sadly it seems U2412M is really out of stock so i am left with a very hard choice which monitor to get here is the list he mailed me:-

S2240L
DELL 21.5" Wide VGA, HDMI LED Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
S2330MX
Dell 23" Ultra - Slim Monitor With LED
U2412M
Dell UltraSharp 24”W Monitor
E2311H
Dell 23" Widescreen Monitor with LED VGA, DVI-D with HDCP
U2312HM
Dell UltraSharp 23”W Monitor
S2440L
Dell S2440L 24” W LED VGA, HDMI

If i cant have the U2412M i will get the next most expensive monitor U2312HM but its still much smaller in height than my U2412M. :(

Hi ,
First of all, product going bad due to external reasons like your power related ailments , rain, natural calamities are not covered in any warranty, yes im damn sure when I say this, ideally as per this clause you're not entitled for a replacement, but again if youre getting an option of a replacement, dont think too much and get a replacement of whatever they give, before they read this thread, if im able to read this thread they are able to as well, something is better than nothing me thinks

Warranty replacements these days are very strict , I have seen many cases where guys lied and got a replacement for a damaged monitor and these guys were sent a quote for the monitor and the freight charges and they had to pay

Well the monitor has not suffered any burn issues from the electricity fluctuation. It works fine for short bursts of time then goes nuts, a panel restart makes the panel workable again but again for a short period of time.

You are mistaken. Dell replaces with the same or a better model.If the Monitor is EOL,he will be an equivalent or a better model for sure.

There are people to whom Dell had done this in India and as I said I have read cases where Dell tried to replace brand new premium displays that were defective with cheaper ones of same size after citing lack of immediate stocks for the original model. The guy in his blog even wrote that when he contacted Dell, they told him they give no guarantee on type of panel. So during replacement only the size matters. Case in point, they never mention the type of panel (at least in the past) and also it has been often found that even in the models that are supposed to have IPS panels(Ex: 2007 WFP), there have been cases where dell used non IPS panels for some batches.

This was why I was very reluctant when I was buying my U2711. I even remember linking the blog entries at the time, but unfortunately cannot find them anymore. In another country, Dell would be promptly sued, but in India, even if one registers a case, justice can take a long time.

Seems like this will take a long time i blasted a senior manager on the phone he said there is no stock at all in India for the U2412M. According to him i should wait till U2412M units come or wait till a replacement for the U2412M comes up.

This is just stupid i will call up the GOM tomorrow got his number from the SM. If this all continues i will have to get another monitor in the mean time maybe Benq's new "VA" line up

Seems like this will take a long time i blasted a senior manager on the phone he said there is no stock at all in India for the U2412M. According to him i should wait till U2412M units come or wait till a replacement for the U2412M comes up.

This is just stupid i will call up the GOM tomorrow got his number from the SM. If this all continues i will have to get another monitor in the mean time maybe Benq's new "VA" line up

did you try complaining on their facebook page??

Finally after a week of call's and other stuff i have got some relief. Dell are refunding my amount minus restocking fee @ 12%. So that means the Rs.19400 i gave them will become Rs.17000. That is Rs.2000 down the drain still its a better option than the U2312HM which retails around 15K but was being sold by Dell at 16K.

After the whole Dell experience i am at a loss as to which next monitor company i should try. Benq has some high marks for product and reliability "So say friends" and the fact that they have half decent TV's adds to the fact that Benq monitors are good enough.

I will buy a Benq 24-26 inch monitor 2moro or day after locally lets see what they have.

Why are they charging restocking fees. Ask them that you are not at fault and push for a full refund.

Why are they charging restocking fees. Ask them that you are not at fault and push for a full refund.

I did but he said that the replacement will be stocked in their store and the U2412M that i will give back will be shown as a return-by-customer in the books. He said that they are bending the rules to get the refund and there can be no reductions in the restocking fee.

Alternative is to get U2312HM or wait for U2412M.

Finally after a week of call's and other stuff i have got some relief. Dell are refunding my amount minus restocking fee @ 12%. So that means the Rs.19400 i gave them will become Rs.17000. That is Rs.2000 down the drain still its a better option than the U2312HM which retails around 15K but was being sold by Dell at 16K.

After the whole Dell experience i am at a loss as to which next monitor company i should try. Benq has some high marks for product and reliability "So say friends" and the fact that they have half decent TV's adds to the fact that Benq monitors are good enough.

I will buy a Benq 24-26 inch monitor 2moro or day after locally lets see what they have.

If you are getting 17K back..why not get a new U 2412M?. I got a quote for 16.4k.

You can save a few hundred bucks...and get a new monitor.

Well the monitor has not suffered any burn issues from the electricity fluctuation. It works fine for short bursts of time then goes nuts, a panel restart makes the panel workable again but again for a short period of time.
well this problem occured after that severe light fluctuation which even your apc couldnt help, so it was caused because of a power issue at your place

and other thing is, if your apc couldnt handle the fluctuation, how will the benq or any xyz company help, before you buy a monitor, would recommend a power audit done by a certified electrician

Back