Someone else's Aadhar linked to my number

This is not actually related to the issue in this thread though. The article is about 1 Aadhar number being used as KYC for multiple mobile numbers.
Keeping on giving...

Just pointing out why one should be careful about handing aadhar number and related info, since the same can be abused if not careful enough.

Just pointing out why one should be careful about handing aadhar number and related info, since the same can be abused if not careful enough.
Just today itself, a Delhivery courier boy was demanding Aadhaar or PAN numbers to verify identity. He was like everyone gives us their aadhaar why won't you. If everyone starts dishing out their govt ids for 1k online purchases then I dunno what's confidential anymore.

I'd really surprised if my Aadhaar isn't already leaked in some public data.

I have Airtel sim card and i recharged it almost 4 months later this year in january.Yesterday i got an sms addressing a person named Manoj and now 2 ABHA card accounts (with KYC verified) are created with my number. What is thiss????
Can someone explain ???

I have Airtel sim card and i recharged it almost 4 months later this year in january.Yesterday i got an sms addressing a person named Manoj and now 2 ABHA card accounts (with KYC verified) are created with my number. What is thiss????
Can someone explain ???
You might have shared your aadhar info esp. the cards xerox or digital copy for kyc etc. with someone and hence the scam!

Check this out to know illegally registered no.s on your name.

You might have shared your aadhar info esp. the cards xerox or digital copy for kyc etc. with someone and hence the scam!

It shows no other number registered.
How can this be resolved?

if you could address this, please do.

To create abha card OTP is required in any case. How has it become possible for someone to create two profiles that too w/o an otp ????
What could be done now ??
Please say ?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240207_012700.jpg
    Screenshot_20240207_012700.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
It shows no other number registered.
How can this be resolved?

if you could address this, please do.

To create abha card OTP is required in any case. How has it become possible for someone to create two profiles that too w/o an otp ????
What could be done now ??
Please say ?
Try creating or login into your account and only then you might be able to see the picture if there are 2 identities on a single aadhar.
You can also ring them and check or write to them in detail

• Toll Free Number
    1800-11-4477
  • Email
    abdm[at]nha[dot]gov[dot]in

I have more than 300+ ABHA linked with my single number. Some genius operator added my number to all the beneficiaries he made the card for.
This is just a small case of how a Gov. website cannot detect an already registered number where any other websites(swiggy, Zomato,etc) can detect duplication and prevent you from re-using the same number.
Same probably would be the case of Aadhaar. It has become more like a security thread than a convenience.

I have more than 300+ ABHA linked with my single number. Some genius operator added my number to all the beneficiaries he made the card for.
This is just a small case of how a Gov. website cannot detect an already registered number where any other websites(swiggy, Zomato,etc) can detect duplication and prevent you from re-using the same number.
Same probably would be the case of Aadhaar. It has become more like a security thread than a convenience.
Oh
Thanks for clarifying.

Back