CPU/Mobo Socket 939 Mobo prices required

zhopudey

Skilled
Hi all,
I'm planning to upgrade my comp, and need some help from u guys. I'll be getting a new mobo/proccy, and a 6600gt from the US. RAM, hdd, dvd, etc will follow as and when funds allow.
I've shortlisted the following mobos:-
MSI neo4 Platinum
MSI neo4-f
Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9
Gigabyte GA-K8NXP-9
Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra-9
Can anyone tell me their prices in mumbai? I asked my local dealer in Thane, but he's totally ingorant and recommended the rs480...ugh!!! :no: Also, are there any other brands available here? And how come Asus doesnt have a NF4 non sli mobo?

As for the cpu, i'm thinking of a 3000+. My dealer told me it'll be around 9k. Will that be newcastle or winchester? How do I know which one i'm getting? Is it written on the box?

Thanks in advance
zhopudey

zhopudey said:
And how come Asus doesnt have a NF4 non sli mobo?

A8N-E I bot mine about a month back for 8.5k.. Saw in another thread that its available for Rs.7150/- in Bangalore!! At that price, its a bargain!!!

As for the cpu, i'm thinking of a 3000+. My dealer told me it'll be around 9k. Will that be newcastle or winchester? How do I know which one i'm getting? Is it written on the box?

Get a 3000+ Winchester now. I bot mine for 7.5k.. It shud be around the same, if not more. U can find out what core it is by looking for the code on the CPU itself. It is visible thru the box. Hang around for someone to show what code relates to what core. And no, it is not written on the box.

I second what Masky said.

If I recall correctly, the MSI Neo4 Platinum is about 10K, while the Neo4-F is about 9.5K. The Asus A8N-E would be a better bet over these two as its not only cheaper but performs quite well :cool2:

Socket939 3000+ and 3200+ models are guaranteed to be Winchesters.

There have never been Newcastle variants of these two models ever made.

in other thread wasn't it k8n-e dlx,isn't that for 754

buy asus a8n-e fast if you want,is nforce 4 ultra probably
smc said company discontinued,but i got one from a shop for 9400.

buy fast if you want to
has it been discontinued?

also,amd 3200 winchester should be abt 9500,got one from smc for 9250

how do differentiate b/w inchester and newcastle by looking at it?

Indeed the site lists that, but I assure you the only Newcastles available on the Socket939 platform are the 3500+ and up. Only if you're considering those models do you have to worry about distinguishing a Newcastle from a Winnie.

The 3000+/3200+ Newcastle's only exist in the Socket754 format.
When AMD finally decided to release lower models for the Socket939 platform - 3000+/3200+ , they came out with the Winchester core. No Newcastle's were ever made :)

Crazy_Eddy said:
The 3000+/3200+ Newcastle's only exist in the Socket754 format.
When AMD finally decided to release lower models for the Socket939 platform - 3000+/3200+ , they came out with the Winchester core. No Newcastle's were ever made :)

Thanks for clearing that... less headaches for me.
BTW, does anyone know how the MSI neo4 compares against the Asus A8N-E?

dude just check before uying whther it is winnie or nc,as nc might be available once

go for asus a8n-e fast as smc said cmpany disconinued it and they didn't have it
i bought it ata shop for 9400 in delhi

go for winnie
3000 ,might be abt 7.5k
i bought from smc 3200 for 9250 though it may be available for abt 9500 without bargaining etc

The MSI Neo4 Platinum is more feature filled as per Dual Gigabit LAN, Firewire etc. However overclocking wise, they both do a good job. You should wait for replies from Masky and others who use the A8N-E board :)

EDIT: Looks like Switch beat me to it ;)

why have they been deleted

for confirmation of 3000/3200 nc you can ask smc international in delhi
26293001/2 shd probably be it

hardboy said:
why have they been deleted

- Try framing a sentence without "smc international delhi" in it.

- Try helping people instead of confusing them all over again

- There are no Socket 939 Newcastles in the 3000+/3200+ version

If you can do all the above, I will not only keep my hands off the delete button, I will shower your posts with Reputation points and thats a promise :)

Crazy_Eddy said:
- Try framing a sentence without "smc international delhi" in it.

lol :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hardyboy... If you can get your hands on a 3200 NC 939 then BUY IT NOW... Trust me you would end up earing a fortune for the chip on ebay(I am talking about www.ebay.com and not .in)...

hardboy, why are you telling me about "smc international delhi" when I asked about prices in mumbai???

So the neo4 has 1394 and dual lan? then it must be costing a bit more than the a8n-e. Guess i'll go for the asus then. Does it have an automatic overclocking option in the bios like the neo4?
Also, any idea when the venice cores will be available here? though i guess they'll cost a bomb. I'll be using my machine for 3d animation and audio/video encoding, so the sse3 support will be useful.

zhopudey said:
Does it have an automatic overclocking option in the bios like the neo4?

Yes, Asus has some options such as AI Overclocker & AI N.O.S in BIOS but i wud rather OC with manual settings than use those.. but I did us AI OVerclocker and set it to 10% (i think) and the CPU was automatically OCed to 2000MHz (i think).. i'll post back when i get home and look it up.. :)
zhopudey said:
Also, any idea when the venice cores will be available here? though i guess they'll cost a bomb. I'll be using my machine for 3d animation and audio/video encoding, so the sse3 support will be useful.

Not sure when Venice wud be available but I dont expect/think it wud be priced much higher than Winchester .. but only time will tell..

zhopudey said:
So the neo4 has 1394 and dual lan? then it must be costing a bit more than the a8n-e. Guess i'll go for the asus then. Does it have an automatic overclocking option in the bios like the neo4?

Blindly go for the ASUS, I am buying it tommorow and it is the best 939 motherboard available. Don't worry about OC'ing you will get help out here. Once my motherboard is delivered, you can ask me too.

zhopudey said:

Forget about the Venice, I was considering it too, but thought I would save the extra money and go for Winnie. I am buying a Winnie 3000+ too tommorow, so no problem with that too.

Hope I cleared most of your doubts, PM me for any problem.

Also, I can give you what prices I bought the parts for tommorow.

Cheers !

Thanks anish, do tell me about the performance. Whats the rest of your config?

Unfortunately, my plans have got delayed, as my friend wont be coming from US till late june. And without the gfx card, my pc wont even boot. But as they say, all things happen for a good reason; so i'll save for 2 months and then buy new pc, instead of upgrading part by part. Hope venice is available by then.

thanks for all ur help guys.

Back