Snapdeal - Feedback Thread

Had a good experience with Snapdeal, ordered a internal HDD which was DOA. Contacted customer support and Delhivery picked up my dead HDD on the 3rd-4th day, refund was processed 2 days after pickup.

Spoke too soon. used the funds to order another HDD and they sent me recertified HDD. :(

Ok, so they refunded in SD cash. Any way to get back the money in bank as I am not interested in buying anything from them in the future ??

They can send you through NEFT / Snapdeal Cash, i chose SD cash because its quicker.

Spoke too soon. used the funds to order another HDD and they sent me recertified HDD. :(
Good luck explaining them that the hdd is recertified.
They can send you through NEFT / Snapdeal Cash, i chose SD cash because its quicker.
Yeah. I sent them a stern e-mail that I won't buy anything from them in the future and want refund in my bank account. They asked for bank details & processed it.
Now why the hell do they take 5-7 days to refund via NEFT ??

Luckily the HDD packing by WD says Recertified HDD in huge writing :p
Yes, but I meant good luck explaining them what recertified means.

I sent them an e-mail to return the duplicate XBOX 360 controller twice by mistake. So they generated two different compliant numbers. On one of them, the return was processed & pickup was scheduled immediately. On the other one, they requested pictures of the controller by e-mail before processing the return. I sent them this mail (with pics):
I am attaching the pictures as requested.

I would also like to let you know how I found that the item was not-genuine:

1. The original product packaging always contains a sticker written “Imported By: Redington India Pvt. Ltd.” with the MRP of the product since the only distributor for Microsoft products in India is Redington India. There is no such sticker anywhere in the product you sent me. http://redingtonindia.com/products.aspx?IBRANDID=163
  2. The cable of an original Xbox controller has an “inline-release” mechanism that snaps the cable into two pieces in case somebody trips over it. There is no such inline release present in the product you sent.
  3. The serial numbers on the packaging does not match with the serial number on the sticker beneath the controller (see images).
  4. The original Xbox controller comes with an installation disc containing software which is not present in the box you sent.
  5. There are other issues that confirms that the item is fake like shorter cable length, flimsy plastic, dull hologram, led indicator below the guide button, etc. that anyone having an original controller can notice.

I got a reply like this:

Dear Shantanu

Thank you for contacting Snapdeal.com.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced and we respect your concern regarding the order number (1776373975) where you purchased the Microsoft XBOX 360 Wired Controller . As per the TrustPay guarantee we can take the return of the product if its faulty, damaged wrong product delivered, product is different from the description on snapdeal. However you have received the same product in perfect condition.

We regret to inform you that we would not be able to take your request.

In case of any further assistance or clarification on this issue, please reply back to this email.

Assuring you of our best services always,

Yours sincerely,
Customer Service Team – Snapdeal.com
Thankfully, the controller was picked-up before they sent me this mail.

Their New Search option on Whatsapp is Handy. Save 09278992789

mJJxE2F.png

+1 for snapdeal.....descent packaging + insanely low rates compared to other sites. Orders too never get misplaced. Like it happens regularly with pathetic yepme.

Recently ordered two toy figure for gifting. One of them was a thoroughly used, scuffed & scratched toy. snapdeal offered to refund the amount, incl. the courier bill (asked me to send the scanned copy of the receipt). Amount got credited yesterday!

Ordered this product from Snapdeal -
http://www.snapdeal.com/product/verbatim-dvdr-47gb-16x-50pk/254380

& the seller ships me this one instead -
http://www.amazon.in/VERBATIM-DVD-R...qid=1405580061&sr=8-8&keywords=verbatim+dvd-r

The funny thing is, the product shipped to me by the sller is not even available for sale on Snapdeal! That's why I had to use the Amazon link instead.

Asked for a replacement with the correct product or else a refund. They have said the item would be picked up today. Lets see how this goes...

Snapdeal has been testing my patience now a days. No proper response, all Template answers.
ordered a landline and there's been a LCD display issue in that. I simply wanted that seller to clarify whether i should go to service center or he will replace. Seller won't even print his mobile no and google has no information about the company.

As a regular user i can tell you.. Snapdeal has started to suck, could be the next Shopclues.

Money refunded to my Bank account today.

So it took them 8 days to refund.

They did offer a much faster "Snapdeal Cash" option but I wanted the money back 'cos I want to buy the item from another site...

Money refunded to my Bank account today.

So it took them 8 days to refund.

They did offer a much faster "Snapdeal Cash" option but I wanted the money back 'cos I want to buy the item from another site...

They aren't even connecting me to CC , let alone refund.

I ordered a laptop on the 25th of October, and it got delivered today. Took 10 days. And it's the wrong one.
I called for this : http://www.snapdeal.com/product/lenovo-g5045-laptop-80e300gyin-amd/33508004 ( AMD A8/2GB dedicated graphics)
but got this instead: http://www.snapdeal.com/product/lenovo-g5045-laptop-80e300gwin-amd/479338236 (AMD A6/no dedicated graphics)

I called snapdeal immediately, and the agent I spoke to was very nice, she raised a complaint immediately, and they sent me an email asking for photos. I sent them, but haven't gotten an acknowledgement as yet.

I'm really disappointed. 10 days to courier the machine, and now probably another 10-15 till the laptops sent back to them. And then another wait for the replacement. I should have spent a bit more, and bought the laptop from Amazon.[DOUBLEPOST=1415079745][/DOUBLEPOST]Snapdeals arranged for a reverse pick-up.
They've asked me to pack the laptop. Do I need to seal the package, or will I have to let the courier do that?

Last edited:
heh I've been posting a lot on feedback of companies and what not lately and I might as well do it for snapdeal also.
I ordered a speaker from SD last Oct and the delivery was expected by 1st Nov, (delivery was 7+ days long but i did it anyways since the price of the item was 150-200rs lower than others). So I waited for the whole day from 1-3rd Nov and cancelled all my other plans. i didn't get a call, message nothing. Even the so-called "tracking" on the site didn't say anything but "in progress" and I was like "wtf?" then i got a msg later "resolution will be provided in 48hrs" thats another 2 days for the delivery and today I got another message which said "delivery expected on 10th Nov" which pissed me off. Two weeks just to deliver a small speaker? Unbelievable. I've never come across any service which is worse than this. I've already sent a mail for cancelling. I'll just buy it from nearby.
What I learned from all these is not to go for something cheap and to pay more for better service. This may or may not be SD's fault but sellers but its based on SD platform so SD sucks!

Last edited:
Wonder why you all are still shopping at SD.

The biggest flag for me: is the XBOX controller reply mail. So if they show a fake, they can sell a fake. Wow..just wow. SD is a fraud market place.

Back