Smashed my LCD

shaunak

Adept
Allright, I did a stupid stupid thing. In a fit of rage I smashed my cellphone against the wall. Now the LCD is smashed.

It was a SE G 502. How much do you think a replacement LCD costs for it? And should I go to any local service guy or to the SE official center?

ohh have done this and heard this so often ;) ...

beta now in a fit of laughter .. just rip open your purse strings :)

First check whether all other functions are working perfectly fine, else get LCD & other things fixed & sell it for new.

I've done it only with the TV remotes :p . Rs. 60 :D Gives a lot more satisfaction than a cellfone when one blow rips it apart into ghazillion pieces. Ohh so relaxing. :p

malhotraraul said:
smash it again & get a new one
That is a wiser idea IMO. You never know what apart from the display have you actually smashed. :p

Next time, use something which is considerably less expensive like breaking pencils, remotes, CDs etc. :D

Desecrator said:
That is a wiser idea IMO. You never know what apart from the display have you actually smashed. :p

Next time, use something which is considerably less expensive like breaking pencils, remotes, CDs etc. :D
Good point...I started with a laptop screen and ended with a Nokia N80 (in pieces). Its a good guide for anger management when it hurts the pocket :p.

Back to the real question, IIRC I spent around 2000/- for replacing a N95 LCD from Nokia Care Center (that one just happened, had not smashed it, what an irony!)

Back