Smartphone For My Dad Below 18K

sam249

Disciple
I want to gift a mobile for my dad.

He uses gmail & camera apart from calling

Any good choices to make & best deal for that?

I'm considering one of the following

Xperia Arc (dealers warranty ones in ebay)

Xperia Ray

Neo V

Defy+

or

any others?

Plz help

after a lot of dilemma for choosing between Xperia ray/Lumia 710/Galaxy R, i went for Samsung Galaxy R I9103 for 19k.

Only consideration is screen size though same resolution compared to Xperia ray.We can flash off phone in public easily.

<

otherwise i would've gone for ray

after a lot of dilemma for choosing between Xperia ray/Lumia 710/Galaxy R, i went for Samsung Galaxy R I9103 for 19k.

Only consideration is screen size though same resolution compared to Xperia ray.We can flash off phone in public easily.

<

Did you buy it? Where? Congratulations.
<

Hmm, you made a good choice. SGR is better than Ray in almost all the departments (Apart from the looks and Tad better 8MP camera of Ray).

I would suggest one of the following phones: - in order of preference -

iPhone 3GS (yes, I know it's a little old)

Nokia Lumia 710 or Samsung Omnia W (Contact owners of respective phones for a good feedback)

Xperia Neo V - It's an android, painful to use - (We love the pain because the fruits of pain are always sweet, but for our parents they just want it to be lag free and last long, not the strengths of Android. Also telling them it is the most vesatile OS and most dynamic one is no incentive either)

Xperia arc - This is last on the list. Not because it is a bad phone. I own it and absolutely love this phone. I got it for 32k on release, talk about buyers remorse but I still feel it was every penny? rupee? well spent. I even did a small review (link if you want). Then why am I not recommending it. It' huge, - bad for one handed operation. The same probs with Android, a 16hour battery life, laggs after a month of usage worst still the message and contacts also lag. Try explaining why a 20k Android falters where a S60 N72 didn't. It gets hot during calls and games?(not imp). Good phone for a young geek but not for our parents.

Mom didn't like it. A female friend who went all - WOW! Sony Xperia went - I don't like it so much after 15mins of usage. Brother likes my phone. He has a IP4 though.

Of course if your Dad is one who is like us interested in exploring the Android OS and does a lot of non-phonely work on the phone then I suggest the dual core bearing Galaxy R (out of production so stocks are limited)

I suggested iP3GS first since it is still an awesome phone. We might be bothered about proc etc but despite all that it works. (I came to this conclusion after a long debate on a 20k phone topic where I was pushing for the Neo V(16k) and Xperia Play(21k) but in the end we came to the above ordered conclusion)

A power user should opt for Android though.

For ease of use, iOS and WP7 are ahead of Android right now.

<

Looks like I'm a little late. Did you buy it?

Nice choice BTW. Where did you find it? Links? Or local shops name? A few friends tried but could not get it. Would be helpful.

Congrats
<

I thought about arc when my friend offered it for 20k.

I bought it from koovs using cashback offer, if coupon is unavailable I would've gone for ray (timtara 15.5k) or neo (eBay seller war) both has good 8 mp cam.

I'll preload almost every app needed by him as I've almost 3000 useful Apps for android. So I guess he should get used to ui only.

Koovs have pretty bad online reviews. Still I bought xoom & that's how I got cashback & used it for SGR. They delivered it in 5 days. So far so good. Lets c how much time they'll take for SGR. I mailed my order details to them to ship asap. They replied 7 days max.

Back