Smart phone for 20k (GalaxySPlus or R or OmniaW)

nikhilthecupid

Disciple
1. Q: Budget?

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?

bar

3. Q: Preferred display type?

Amoled or SLCD (is there actually that much difference ?)

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.

None

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?

Touch

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.

5MP HDcam

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).

Android/Windows

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).

3G

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?

Songs, Browsing, SMS, Calls & some games/apps if i get time from work. Basically i want a good looking well built phone with descent battery. Im looking to increase my use as i get deep into Android (I am New to Android).

10. Q: Any other requirements?

Battery should last a day easily, i dont want the phone to say i suck when i reach home from work.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.

See topic title.

Also, please let me know whats the difference in R and Splus.

I feel i dont need a Dual core, but a friend of mine says R is better than Splus. But im thinking to go for the Splus for its AMOLED and 1.4ghz Single core.

Im kinda confused what to do, please share your experiences.

Thanks

Nikhil

Battery Life sucks on any Android.. Instead try Omnia W. Best Windows Phone Below 20K..

Very Fast and a bit sturdy too.. Check it out.. Ticks all your Requirements

Battery Life sucks on any Android.. Instead try Omnia W. Best Windows Phone Below 20K..

Very Fast and a bit sturdy too.. Check it out.. Ticks all your Requirements

Samsung Omnia W has some serious SMS problem, many users are not able to send text messages, so Nokia lumia 710 is the best WP7 option below 20k.

@nikhilthecupid: Avoid the omnia W, Get the samsung galaxy R, check out this thread for user review: http://www.techenclave.com/topic/508042-review-samsung-galaxy-r-i9103/

Samsung Omnia W has some serious SMS problem, many users are not able to send text messages, so Nokia lumia 710 is the best WP7 option below 20k.

@nikhilthecupid: Avoid the omnia W, Get the samsung galaxy R, check out this thread for user review: Review : Samsung Galaxy R I9103 - TechEnclave

Please share about Samsung Galaxy S Plus ?

I find it good snoudh and advantage AMOLED and 4inch...i actually dont want to go for a huge phone :\

4 inch seems just fine for me..

Please share about Samsung Galaxy S Plus ?

I find it good snoudh and advantage AMOLED and 4inch...i actually dont want to go for a huge phone :\

4 inch seems just fine for me..

Both Galaxy R and Galaxy S plus are nearly same size, so better go for the Galaxy R as its dual core(android needs dual cores for better performance), 1gb ram and official ice cream sandwich support.

@nikhilthecupid: Avoid the omnia W, Get the samsung galaxy R, check out this thread for user review: Review : Samsung Galaxy R I9103 - TechEnclave

it's not a serious sms problem, it happens once in a while..

2ndly it is a Docomo specific issue, my friend on airtel is not facing this issue...

So you can go ahead and buy omnia w, i'm enjoying it..

it's not a serious sms problem, it happens once in a while..

2ndly it is a Docomo specific issue, my friend on airtel is not facing this issue...

So you can go ahead and buy omnia w, i'm enjoying it..

Thats good then as omnia W is an excellent WP7 choice but still its some problem as i am able to use WP7 phone(samsung focus) on docomo with no sms issues, two guys (yourself and rite) are facing this issue on omnia W, also there is a thread in xda with the same problem, so i thought this issue should be notified before he buys the phone, here are the relevant links:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1390361

http://www.techenclave.com/topic/485724-the-windows-phone-7-thread/page__st__260

Nokia Lumia 710 would be good.

Also note that Samsung Galaxy S has no flash for camera.

One more point to note would be all WP7 phones dont have memory expansion capability. So you cannot put memory cards. Do consider that while buying.

Ok please share your views on these.

Do dual cores eat more of my battery compared to single core in galaxy s plus ?

Will i sorely miss the SAMOLED by taking the SLCD ?

Heating issues in dual cores or no ?

Do dual cores eat more of my battery compared to single core in galaxy s plus ?

Will i sorely miss the SAMOLED by taking the SLCD ?

Heating issues in dual cores or no ?

1. No, the second core gets activated, or goes upto 1GHz from its min. frequency(like ~300MHz) only when 1st core has been running at 1GHz for a certain amount of time, say 500ms. What this simply means is that the full dual core power, which might drain battery faster, is only activated when you run an application stressful enough to demand it. Running multiple apps also utilizes multiple cores. In short, battery life is only affected to some extent if you constantly run demanding apps or too many apps for a long period of time. Otherwise, battery life is comparable to the S Plus.

2. Although the SAMOLED is awesome, you will not find it hard to settle for the S LCD unless you have been using SAMOLED already. It is a decent display in itself.

3. No particular heating issue in any dual core. If there is a heating issue, blame the manufacturer for poor construction or air circulation in the phone. Even single core phones(like the HTC Desire for example) heat up, its a common for smartphones to heat up a bit. So, if it heats up, dont blame the extra core.

The Galaxy R is better than the S plus in terms of all but the display and probably community support. I think you should go for the Galaxy R.

Thats good then as omnia W is an excellent WP7 choice but still its some problem as i am able to use WP7 phone(samsung focus) on docomo with no sms issues, two guys (yourself and rite) are facing this issue on omnia W, also there is a thread in xda with the same problem, so i thought this issue should be notified before he buys the phone, here are the relevant links:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1390361

http://www.techencla...d/page__st__260

after a little more research, i've found out that it happens only when i use 3.5g/HSPA .

If i'm on 2g or 3g , the sms works fine.

go for Galaxy R that is the best option now..

for some reason i just cant understand the big bluey red sqaure icons on the screen without a wallpaer of WP7
<

it looks soooo bad

Back