Smart Phone - Below 20K

1. Q: Budget?
A: Under 20 K

2. Q: Preferred Form Factor(flip, bar, slider)?
A: Bar type body. Like one of Sony Xperia J.

3. Q: Preferred display type?
A: LED Display, with good resolution quality.

4. Q: Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Preference - Sony, HTC, Samsung. In that order.

5. Q: Preferred input method (Touchscreen, QWERTY, etc.)?
A: Touchscreen

6. Q: Camera required or not? If required, please specify type like front camera/flash/etc.
A: Above 5MP camera. Having a Flash is plus but not a compulsion.

7. Q: Preferred operating system? (Android, Symbian, iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

8. Q: Preferred connectivity options? (3G, Wifi, Edge etc).
A: 3G.

9. Q: What is your intended use for this phone(internet, camera, multimedia, mails, etc)?
A: Camera, Music and Applications.

10. Q: Any other requirements?
A: Mhh not much, coming to my mind immediately.

11. Q: If you have already considered a phone then please mention the model.
A: I have been browing around. And seen some on Sony Xperia J, Sony Xperia P.

Following models are worth a look --
  • SONY XPERIA Sola
  • SONY XPERIA P (from eBay, street-price is ~22500/-)
  • SAMSUNG Galaxy S Advance
  • hTC Desire X
  • LG OPTIMUS L9
Hope this helps, Cheers!

-LG optimus L9 has the best specs and the biggest screen in this range.
-Desire X is better looking and has a better cam.
-Xperia P is a great phone but you'll have to increase your budget a bit if you want with warranty.
-Xperia Sola is also good but i believe its not getting the next update. Please confirm this.
-S adv has decent specs but looks bland (prefer L9 over it).

P.S. Just read a report that Galaxy S3 mini is available for 19k on ebay. Haven't confirmed it myself but if its the case, its a good competition for all above.

-LG optimus L9 has the best specs and the biggest screen in this range.
-Desire X is better looking and has a better cam.
-Xperia P is a great phone but you'll have to increase your budget a bit if you want with warranty.
-Xperia Sola is also good but i believe its not getting the next update. Please confirm this.
-S adv has decent specs but looks bland (prefer L9 over it).

P.S. Just read a report that Galaxy S3 mini is available for 19k on ebay. Haven't confirmed it myself but if its the case, its a good competition for all above.

I have the Optimus L9 and i can vouch for it, it is a really fast phone with a decent screen, may not be as good as the Galaxy S Advance AMOLED but good enough, more power than any of the other phones mentioned here.

Thanks for the advice guys :D

I went for Sony Xperia Sola, that its a great buy for the cost(got it from Infibeam for 13999 with normal 1 year gaurantee and 30 days replacement) and the corresponding hardware that it comes with, with the fact that I have realized untill and unless you are fanatic with cellphone and having the latest of everyting spending too much on cell phone is not worth it.

Besides, I bought this Sandisk Mobile Ultra 16GB Class 10 SD Card for 850 and moLife`s screengaurd for 150. And yeah I am pretty happy with my till now cellphone experience.
Also, I am thinking whether to go for a back cover or not(specially the silicon one from moLife) that its back is anyways made of a plastic candy-bar body with a soft touch finish applied to its back, with quite less chance of getting harmed.

As of now I am learning, discovering new thing about android now on xda forum ;)
Laterzz.

Back