Single BSNL DataOne Connection, Two PCs, how to go about ?

raksrules

Elite
One of my friends is going to take BSNL DataOne connection. He has two machines at his place (one desktop and one laptop) and he would like to share the same connection simultaneously between these two machines. How to go about ?

just opt for the wireless router option from bsnl. It will have one ethernet port, which you can use to connect to your pc. Assuming that your laptop has wifi, you can connect to the net with the wireless.

Well get something like this Linksys router....

Connect the modem to the router and computer to the router via ethernet...
u can connect the laptop to the router via ethernet or wireless link...

the router should have 1 port for internet and 4 ethernet ports....:)

for more detailed explanation.... google :)

We referred to this website:

Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd.

But the BSNL guys say that the TYPE4 modem is not available and has been discontinued by BSNL (Not sure whether he was speaking the truth or not). Please suggest what other options do we have in this case ? Actually the requirements have changed a bit now and we want to connect more than 2 machines and hence found TYPE4 to be the most useful but too bad its not available now.

Well thats the problem with them..Our nearby bsnl officer said we have only type4 modems with wifi these days ask at the main office of bsnl in your city..

I've got free WIFI modem from BSNL, as I was first customer in my town.. Their router is doing simply awesome job.. Wifi is even very good...

Any wireless broadband router will do. If you want really good one, try LINKSYS WRT54G2 though price may be little more than 2000

Why the type 4 modem ? Even a wired / wireless router will do it. With wireless router prices coming down, you can go for one which will solve the issue.

Back