Sify broadband Popups

smsrohit

Disciple
Oct 7, 2005
When connecting to Sify Broadband, after a successful login, sify opens a Internet Explorer (IE) windows for you and direct you to Sify Max Website, and after sometime sify will open another IE window and direct me to some other site ,even though my default browser is Firefox and i stopped using IE long time back, when i called up Sify Customer Care they said there is nothing they can do about that, I find it very irritating getting myself directed to some site, i am least interested in, i dont know whether other ISP are also using such tactics, or sify is the only one, Is there any way to stop IE from Auto Launching by other application other than Uninstalling it since i still use IE for getting windows Update.

PriyoBan

Adept
Dec 16, 2005
The best thing for you would be to use an alternative client like super sify. Less heavy on the resources as well.

Trajan

Adept
Mar 17, 2005
The best thing that u can do is to install zone alarm free version... when u connect to sify after installing zone alarm would alert that some sify_<some>message is trying use explorer.exe... at that time deny it... selct the checkbox that tells "remember this setting"... this completely solves the popup issue...

but be careful while denying... not to deny for the sify BB application...

follow this method for safe denying...

the first time u open sify BB dont select the check box "remember this settings" and accept for each alert... i think there will total of 4 seperate alerts for sify BB appln... by this u can identify which particular alert will open the popups... then the second time when u connect to sify use the check box and deny access for the popup...

Reactions: 1 person