Budget 0-20k Should I Go for NetBook(Atom Dual Core Processor) or NoteBook ?

Hello, Friends I have already posted a similar thread in this site but unable to get satisfactory result :( So, thistime I am again puting the thread with more clear vision to my requirement.

First thing, I need a laptop for mostly Browsing Purpose. But there is a doubt, I used to open a huge number of web pages at a time say something around 20+ tabs at a time AND at the sametime I used to listen mp3 or doing some MS Office Work. So can a Netbook(with Atom Dual Core Processor N570 or N2600 or N2800) can fullfil my requirement??

2nd thing is, Sometimes I play HD Movies in my laptop and connect its HDMI Port to LCD TV to view it in TV. So, Can a NetBook with Atom Processor handle HD Video Playing?

3rd thing is I NEVER Play any Games,,..

Finally, I will like to have a netbook which can provide good battery back up(At Least 5 Hours). If NetBook with Atom Processor can handle all these requirements, then I will definitely go for this, else I have to look for Notebook with B940 or B960 Processors.

So, My Question is Whether a NetBook(With Atom Dual Core) can handle my work(mostly 20+ tabs while Browsing and sametime doing some MS Office work) seamlessly? In Short, Can a NetBook handle these operations without any time lag ?

Please sugggest me which will be better for me Laptop or NetBook.... My priority is for Economy i.e. less price,,..

Thanks
Satya Narayan

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:50 PM ----------

Hi, If You are a NetBook user, How you feel while Browsing multiple Tabs Simultaneously? Do You feel any Slow Down or its Superb for this,,..
Please put your Personal Experience (if any) regarding NetBook Performance,.. Please also discuss its Pros and Cons,,.

Thanks in advance

From my observation, browsing with lots of tabs open (especially with respect to google chrome) is dependent on RAM rather than CPU. If you have 4GB RAM you should be fine (any laptop/netbook can be upgraded to 4GB RAM for peanuts).

I myself own a cheap laptop (eMachines E725) and can guarantee you that no cheap laptop is ever going to give you 5 hours battery life. So choose what you prioritize. CPU Processing Power or Battery life. Netbooks (and even 14" or 15" laptops with AMD E-series or C-series APU) will give between 5 and 9 hours of battery backup consistently. Laptops like mine have battery backups of maximum 2.5 hours when new (after ~ 2.5 years my battery life has reduced to 40 minutes).

Even I am in the market for a cheap "Netbook" option with similar requirements. . .Following this thread for some good suggestions.

First thing, I need a laptop for mostly Browsing Purpose. But there is a doubt, I used to open a huge number of web pages at a time say something around 20+ tabs at a time AND at the sametime I used to listen mp3 or doing some MS Office Work. So can a Netbook(with Atom Dual Core Processor N570 or N2600 or N2800) can fullfil my requirement??

Sadly NO. Atoms are strictly no no for multi-tasking.

Finally, I will like to have a netbook which can provide good battery back up(At Least 5 Hours). If NetBook with Atom Processor can handle all these requirements, then I will definitely go for this, else I have to look for Notebook with B940 or B960 Processors.

Ditch atom, and go for at least Brazos (E450). I own one, and its good. Getting 7 hrs of battery life. B960 won't give you more than ~4 (depends on battery also).

In Short, Can a NetBook handle these operations without any time lag ?

Again NO.

I own Asus U32U and completely satisfied with it (from a novice's/office usage POV). This beauty is just amazing.

If you can do with ~4hrs of battey life, get a B960 based system. Much better option.

B960 based systems give 4 hours battery life on a 6-cell battery ?? You sure ???

If an i5 can give 4 hrs of battery life why can't B960 can? As I said it depends on the capacity of the battery supplied with laptop. One of my friend has B960, will confirm from him.

If an i5 can give 4 hrs of battery life why can't B960 can? As I said it depends on the capacity of the battery supplied with laptop. One of my friend has B960, will confirm from him.

Considering the cheap laptops that typically sell under 20k, I know for one that MOST of them have 4400mAh 6-cell batteries.

Have a look at dmz HP notebook powered by amd vision tech, dual core processor and dedicated AMD 6310 graphic card.It can run on battery for more than 4 hours.It can run 720 p movies smoothly but cant run 1080p.
It is for 22k

Have a look at dmz HP notebook powered by amd vision tech, dual core processor and dedicated AMD 6310 graphic card.It can run on battery for more than 4 hours.It can run 720 p movies smoothly but cant run 1080p.
It is for 22k

DO read the thread before dipping in.

Considering the cheap laptops that typically sell under 20k, I know for one that MOST of them have 4400mAh 6-cell batteries.

most of not all cheap laptops (and even premium ones) come with 4600WHr 6-cell battery and most can manage 5hr low load/idle and 3hr under movie or if one turns of all unnecessary service as well as WiFi. etc then 4hr+.

Back