Should I buy LG Optimus One P500?

thegame

Adept
Hello friends, first of all wish you all a very happy new year 2011:D

I initially thought of getting iPhone in 2010 but seeing the Galaxy S felt Andriod may be the next big thing and decided to get the next version which is expected this year and that should be min 27k plus I suppose..For the timebeing thought of getting a feel of Andriod so decided to get a Android phone in 15k range..

Currently i am having Samsung Corby Pro which i bought for 12k in Feb 2010, I also have a old SE W960i and a very old Nokia 6260.
Today I went to the mobile shops and enquired whether i could find any exchange offers and these are the info that i got from those shops, btw am in Chennai.

1) Mobile Store (the best i could find for exchange rates)

Corby Pro - 4.5k:clap:
W960i - 1.5k
Nokia 6260 - 500 (mainly for the battery:D)
LG Optimus One P500 - 12.6k (new one)

2) Poorvika
Corby Pro - 3k
W960i - no
Nokia 6260 - no
LG Optimus One P500 - not in stock

3) Sangeetha mobiles

Corby Pro - 3k
W960i - no
Nokia 6260 - no
LG Optimus One P500 - not in stock

4) Univercell (the worst of the list:mad:)

Corby Pro - 1.5k:huh:
W960i - no
Nokia 6260 - no
LG Optimus One P500 - 13k (new one)

I saw Samsung Galaxy 3 but since I find it somewhat similar in appearance to my Corby I didn't like it. I saw Optimus One and liked its design and felt somewhat attractive than the Samsung ones.. again i was interested only by seeing the looks and no idea about the functioning of the phone..

Also I enquired about HTC Wildfire and to my suprise the Mobile Store guy told that there is no HTC service center in Chennai and its after sales is not too good (dont know whether he is promoting LG:bleh:)

I know the question that i am going to ask has been asked many times here but sorry :) whats your opinion on getting the Optimus One..for 12.6 - (4.5+1.5+.5) = 6.1k OR should I stick with Corby pro and get the new Samsung Galaxy S2 or any other Andriod phone for 15k (leave the exchange offers as only in Mobile Store they are offering me that..)

LG Optimus One is the current VFM Android phone for sub-15K range. If you really want an entry level Android phone, this fits the bill perfectly. Don't go for Wildfire (poor resolution). 12.6K is decent price considering you would like to sell off your old phones. If you want you could buy from Ebay Deal of the Week for 11.5K and then sell your old phones separately.

Thanks for the quick reply dennis_nail, I actually saw the ebay offer before I left for the shops and when i told the mobile store guy that on ebay its sells for 11.5k with bill and warranty, he said thats not trustworthy..also I guess he would take in my old phones only if i buy the new mobile from him..:p

DarkAngel said:
If u discount the video call feature then the LG Optimus One P500 ~ 12.8k is a solid option. It currently runs Froyo. (There was huge discussions on mobile review sites on whether it will get 2.3 upgrade as someone from LG facebook team posted 2.3 would need 1GHz processor and thus optimus one cant be upgraded)

It also has the best on class H/W for Android under 15k with,

3.2" HVGA capacitive screen

600MHz Qualcomm MSM7227 with Adreno 200 graphics

512MB RAM

Good build quality.

S/W Froyo 2.2 out of box (upgrade path not certain). If u are ready to install custom F/W from forums this should be taken care of. LG has sold over a million Optimus One phones and there should be decent support from the forums.

Reviews suggest OS as slightly laggy at times but not a deal breaker (Expected from a mid range phone)

LG P500 Optimus One Specs | Technical Specifications | PDAdb.net - Comprehensive Database of Smartphone, PDA, PDA Phone, PNA, netbook & Mobile Device Specifications

LG Optimus One P500 review: One and a half - GSMArena.com

LG Optimus One Review - Phone Arena

LG Optimus One P500 | Flipkart Mobiles

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Phone|Display Resolution|Processor|RAM|Android|Price

LG Optimus P500| 3.2” 320*480 | Qualcomm MSM7227 600MHz | 512MB | Froyo |Rs.12,799

Moto Quench XT3| 3.2” 320*480 | Qualcomm MSM7227 600MHz |256MB |Eclair|Rs.12,299

Samsung Galaxy 3|3.2” 240*400|Samsung S5P6422 667MHz|256MB |Eclair| Rs.11,799

HTC Wildfire|3.2” 240*320|Qualcomm MSM7225 528MHz|256MB |Eclair|Rs.14,649
This was DA's reply previously for one of the post in the forum! Decide now.

Why dont you put up those second hand phones in the Member's Market section.. and may be get a better deal or so?

Get the Optimus 1 if u like it. It is a good phon specs wise. The only reason I wouldn't buy it is coz it is an LG. :p

But if u like it, it is surely a good bet as it offers good features for the price.

On a side note, I think u should get better resale rates in the TE market for ur old phones. :D

oops abracadabra's,nehaladsul's and DA's post didn't appear to me when i was replying to arun687's post, anyways thanks guys..whats stopping me from the ebay buy is that i am sure i wont get 4.5k for Corby pro as the new one is around 9k i guess and nothing for the other two ones as I myself wont buy them, just kidding:p so if i save 1k from ebay (12.6k in mobile store) I eventually lose 6.5k in return i.e. selling my old phones..

thegame said:
oops abracadabra's,nehaladsul's and DA's post didn't appear to me when i was replying to arun687's post, anyways thanks guys..whats stopping me from the ebay buy is that i am sure i wont get 4.5k for Corby pro as the new one is around 9k i guess and nothing for the other two ones as I myself wont buy them, just kidding:p so if i save 1k from ebay (12.6k in mobile store) I eventually lose 6.5k in return i.e. selling my old phones..
If u really don't need ur old phones and want a quick deal, get the exchange done at The Mobile Store. But if u don't mind waiting (or taking a risk), try ur luck on the TE Market...

Personally, I would recommend getting the deal at TMS as u really might not be able to sell the 6260 & the 960i that soon!!! :p

Happy New Year guys and once again thanks to all who those replied to this thread.

Yesterday evening I bought LG Optimus One P500 at mobile store for Rs. 12,559 (incl taxes). The final price I paid was Rs. 7859 :hap2:(Corby Pro went for 4500 :clap:and the dead Nokia for 200)

Didn't sell the SE one as it had some more life left and currently is used by my friend..

So far so good and loving the Andriod Optimus and its really awesome to hold..

View attachment 13251 sorry for the worst picture quality:D

thegame said:
Happy New Year guys and once again thanks to all who those replied to this thread.

Yesterday evening I bought LG Optimus One P500 at mobile store for Rs. 12,559 (incl taxes). The final price I paid was Rs. 7859 :hap2:(Corby Pro went for 4500 :clap:and the dead Nokia for 200)

Didn't sell the SE one as it had some more life left and currently is used by my friend..

So far so good and loving the Andriod Optimus and its really awesome to hold..

View attachment 13251 sorry for the worst picture quality:D
Congrats dude. can u comment on the loudspeaker and headphone quality of this phone?

I haven't tried the headphones yet, loudspeaker is ok -- medium, not so great and not so worse.. I will try the headphones and let you know tomorrow..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

today i tried the headphones and the audio quality was good provided the volume is kept close to maximum..10% of battery for 1hour of listening to songs..

Back