Shop and Ship is now on Techenclave to assist you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
my shipment is in newyork since 28th. why is it int being sent. then on 31 update comes as flight cancellation . now its 3rd. whats happening

Shipment History
LocationDateActivity
Network Update01/09/2013 15:22Shipment Update - Shipment is delayed due to flight offloading.
New York Office,United States01/07/2013 19:20Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates
New York Office,United States 18:46Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates
New York,United States 14:37Record Created

When can I expect my shipment to land in Mumbai?? March??????

Horrible service and communication. They randomly charge your shipments for Octroi. My shipment was charged with Rs. 2500 octroi! They have no clue and branded me as lucky because none of previous shipments were charged for Octroi. They even switch off their mobiles if you try to follow up.

SNS website is showing charge of Rs. 2200. But local Aramex team is demanding 2200 + 2500. Initially SNS team told me that I don't have pay anything more than 2200. Later they changed their tune, and now asking me to pay Octroi.

^ Are you by any chance in the Pune region? If so, why not get it shipped to Mumbai to someone from whom you can pick up

Yes. I think I would have do that from now onward. I heard that they are going to abolish octroi from April 2013. Is that true?

Hope not. Sitting with fingers crossed. Have NEVER spent so much on a phone all my life. LOL.
Anyway, SNS quality and reliability has gone down abysmally. Their custom clearing agents are also not very efficient. Have paid a lot of duty on the stuff I have ordered over the last year. I guess it's time to start exploring other more efficient options..

Hope not. Sitting with fingers crossed. Have NEVER spent so much on a phone all my life. LOL.
Anyway, SNS quality and reliability has gone down abysmally. Their custom clearing agents are also not very efficient. Have paid a lot of duty on the stuff I have ordered over the last year. I guess it's time to start exploring other more efficient options..

I have ordered a phone using hopshopgo. They ship using DHL/Fedex. It's in transit as of now. They charge more than SNS but their customer service is prompt so far.

I just ordered a Lumia 920 case from Incipio.com via SNS. Do I need to do anything else after placing the order and giving my US address? When will I get to see the status of it in my SNS account?

The nexus 4 mobile phone I bought has reached sns account in ny . But instead of categorising it as mobile phone . It has been put as computer accessory .

Shipment History
Location Date Activity
New York Office,United States 02/20/2013 19:06 Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates
New York Office,United States 18:50 Forwarded to - Dubai Express Hub,United Arab Emirates
New York,United States 08:11 Record Created

Its 23rd Feb today and still no update..... i hope my stuff is not misplaced :(

It usually takes 5 days to come to India, and this one shows dispatched on 20th, that means there are 2 days more.

- - - Updated - - -

And just as I wrote this, I see that one of my shipments came DIRECTLY to Bombay from NY in 3 days flat. How I would love this to happen always!

Bombay,India 02/23/2013 08:15 Received at Operations Facility
New York Office,United States 02/20/2013 18:17 Forwarded to - Bombay HUB,India

UPDATE 2: Charged customs at Indian price (more than 2x of purchased price). Pissed off.

These people have lost it completely. I finally got my shipment which was overcharged during customs (assessed value 2 times of invoice). Initially I thought it was an assessed value issue. However, it turns out that it isn't that. The assessed value is correct in USD in the customs sheet, but the calculation is wrong. So even though the dollar rate is shown to be 55.30 INR, the conversion rate applied is 123.97.

I have had it with these guys. Seeing so many people recommending PPO Box, I will give it a shot now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back