Selling in olx & Quickr

hareshr29

Adept
Selling in olx & Quickr

Hi Guys

whenever i put an item for sale in Quickr such as Nexus 4, Playstation vita, I am getting mails from guys who say they wanted it to be gifted to their children in Nigeria (this time an Indian), it also looks like a pre formatted text (may be their english is good :p )

One guy has even given the complete address for shipping by DHL and asking me how he can pay me. Please let me know how should i proceed on this.

- - - Updated - - -

Found this in google :D new type of scam

http://www.icomplaints.in/news/quikr,-olx-used-mobile-fraud-022.html#.UR2_nPK_wdU

That's scam scam scam. They themselves mention in their buying-selling tips.
quickr and olx are only good to sell things in person. IMO, they are providing pretty good platform to advertise your sale locally. I was successfully able to sell some of my blu-rays locally in person.
One more thing, do not post your contact number in your ad. Let respective buyers contact you via email.

Hahaha,i remember when i got the email...I went about having a nice chat with him!
He asked me to send my bank details,and i said i don't need money so you take it for free as a gift from me...lol
He didn't reply after that :lol:

quickr is the worst site i came across in a decade. Misuses ur identity to create fake ads on their own. And b@stards even justify it saying its their policy to get better options to customers. WTH !!!!

Got this mail lol...Can't we report this kinds of fraud anywhere

Attention Haresh!
You have an impending transfer of 27.000.00 INR paid in by Mr Jay Hassan to be credited in your bank account for your online ad. Please be informed that Commerzbank is ready to effect the payment transfer to your bank account in ICICI Bank within a short time.
Attached to this mail is the money transfer details. Please refer to it and get back to us to credit your bank account immediately.
We are committed to protecting our customers' [Buyers and Sellers] privacy and security. This bank transfer payment notification explains what information we collect about you, with whom we share it, and how to enable a secure payment transfer to your bank account. We strive to provide the best customer service and support for our customers! Feel free to email us for any enquiries or clarifications. Your satisfaction is of the highest priority to us.

We remain most obliged.
Mr. Fritz Müller
Commerz Markets, Commerzbank Group.
© 2004-2013 Commerzbank AG | D-60261 Hamburg.

- - - Updated - - -

ROTFL
Also a deposit confirmation attached Content :

Haresh!

Below is a quick preview of the outgoing transfer from Jay Hassan account to your bank account in India. Please note
that the money has already been paid and withdrawn from the buyer’s bank account and so you are 100% safe and
secured to carry out the shipment. This will enable us fulfill our financial bank transfer obligation to your bank account
details stated below.

Transfer Routing No.: 018005092 Date: 15th of February 2013.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Name of Payee:
Jay Hassan
Name of Bank:
Commerzbank A.G.
Account Number:
BIC/Sort Code:
Name of Receiver:
Haresh
Name of Bank:
Icici Bank
Account Number:
##############
BLZ:
###########
Amount Transferred:
27.000.00 INR
*Payment Purpose:
“Purchase of On-line Auction Items”

To enable us reflect and credit the money to your bank account, please forward to us the valid proof of shipment
such as the shipment receipt and the tracking number of the item purchased from you. Please know that this is
for record and bank monitoring purposes since past experience have shown us in the past that payments receiving
agents [sellers] often convert such payment transfers from the buyer’s bank for their personal use without sending
the demanded merchandise.

As soon as we verify the shipment of the item from the shipping company, credit the money into your bank account.

Thanks for accepting our banking policies as we are glad to be of service to you and your online business trade.

We remain most obliged.

Mr. Fritz Müller
Commerz Markets, Commerzbank Group.
For Swift Online Payments Transfers, Trade, Business Enquiries and Swift Response, Please Call: +44 702 404 5327

quickr is pure scam site.. had posted ads 4-5 times and everytime I get 2-3 scam mails for the ad.
whereas had a good experience with olx.. successfully sold stuff via it..

yes quikr auto creates an advt with the mobile number and sends them as alerts to the dealers who in turn call and speak rudely and if we say we dont want to sell them they get boiled

I created a new OLX account yesterday and listed something. Now the problem is that whenever i login to my olx account, even after signing in, at the top it still shows

Sign In or Register

If i go to My OLX, it again asks for id and password. I am ticking the remember me option.

Also if i go to Active ads, pending ads etc, nothing comes up but separately i can search for my ad.

Can anyone tell me how to find the reason for ad rejection ? One of my ads shows as rejected on olx and on the mobile app I am unable to find why it has been rejected.

Very educational. People joke that this guy was taken for a ride. But the smartest people out there can be conned easily. All you do is get them to stop using their brains and work on emotions. Its easy & works most every time especially when the mark is desperate.

I have a friend in the construction business and he's been in it for over twenty years and he tells me he still learns new tricks every month.

There is a business above me and i hear the guy scream at suppliers for not delivering on their promises. He's stuck because he's made commitments to customers and cannot deliver. This is life in business when the stakes are in crores and not a mere 7k.

A man who makes a mistake is worth two guys who did not make that mistake.

Last edited:
Back