Seeking Laptop Warranty advice

axis.meister

Disciple
Hi Guys,

I am currently looking to buy a new laptop with a 15.6" screen and preferably discrete graphics; Usage: Internet, Music/Movies and casual gaming. My current office laptop is an HP Probook with Core i5, and I am happy with its performance, hence would prefer HP.

For this I have been checking online shops, IT malls like Croma or Reliance Digital and at shops on Lamington road(Mumbai). On my trip to Lamington road, I came across several laptops with English/Arabic keyboards (Brands: HP, Dell and MSI). Apparently these laptops were intended for sale in the Middle east, my question is if the warranty offered on these Laptops is still valid if sold in India.
The price difference obviously quite good as compared to Croma/Reliance Digital, but the warranty bit worries me.
The models I looked at were HP G62, HP dv6, HP probook 3series, Dell Inspiron 15 and 15R, and MSI CR650(all under 30K, with MSI CR650 @ 23K).

Any info/experiences about the warranty validity of such laptops or basically Laptops bought from Lamington road or any of the IT markets in other cities will be appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

While Dell has international warranty, those models were illegally imported. So I wouldn't take the risk of purchasing them. Dell has every right to deny service too such devices.

Then I guess the same applies to other brands too. Does this mean it is not advisable to buy a Laptop from a place like Lamington road, and it would be a safer bet(warranty wise) to buy from an IT mall or retailer?

This is the first time, I am buying a laptop so am confused.

^^ Get to know how they were imported. I guess that they were imported by purchasing under someone's name. And that would be illegal. Even it might be possible that the laptops were imported without paying custom duties.

You can buy latest sandybridge based lappy from dell/sony. Dont know about other brands.

If you have problem getting the laptop locally you can always buy it online. You can even customise your laptop before buying:)

Back