Storage Solutions Secondary Disks not getting detected....

Yesterday when I switched on my PC, I saw that the Icon for the DVD writer had dissappeared....Thinking its some sort of loose connection I restarted the PC after checking all the connections.....But again the icon was not shown....Even my virtual drive (DAEMON TOOLS)...is not visible.....When i opened the device manager I saw that there was an exclamation marks next to my DVD writer aand the virtual drive.....
The message in the properties window is this
Code:
Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)

The drive gets detected in BIOS....But does not show in Windows....
What is the problem and how do i get rid of it....??

blaster said:
Try uninstall driver completely and then restart , Windows will automatically search for drivers and install them.
Tried that...Still facing the same problem....But now the message in the properties window of thr drive is this

Code:
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Your registry may be bad. (Code 19)

To check your registry, click Check Registry. If the registry is bad, Windows will restart your system and go back to a previous registry that is good.

Solution button: Check Registry

This code means that the registry returned an unknown result.

To resolve this issue, follow the recommended solution, which will run Scanreg.exe. If this does not resolve the issue, type "scanreg /restore" (without quotation marks) from a command prompt. Finally, remove the device from Device Manager, and then redetect it using the Add New Hardware tool in Control Panel.

This is what microsoft says about this problem.

PS: Google it for more results.

Delete the upper filters and lower filters from the registry.

Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Click on the folder {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and on the right pane look for the entries upperfilters or lowerfilters. You might find only one of them, thats okay, delete that entry or delete both and nothing else.

Restart.

Shakensoul said:
Delete the upper filters and lower filters from the registry.

Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Click on the folder {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and on the right pane look for the entries upperfilters or lowerfilters. You might find only one of them, thats okay, delete that entry or delete both and nothing else.

Restart.

Thats exactly what I did.....I actually found the solution on some site on googling....Thanks anyways...

Back