Search cheap alternatives to Doctor prescribed Medicines

uziel

Techie The Grandos
Adept
Doctors here in India prescribe medicines as per brand name and not generic name. If in your case you thing your medicine is costine you a bomb, check this website http://medguideindia.com/ Here click on Drugs-->Brand then type the brand, you can select from the dropdown search results, then click on Generic and you will find many other medicine with same salt available at a much cheaper rate. In my case, I use Voveran D and it costs 45/- but alternative costs just 1/- so 45 times cost saving. Share this with people who need them. Alternatively it can also be seen at http://www.mydawaai.com/

Doctors here in India prescribe medicines as per brand name and not generic name. If in your case you thing your medicine is costine you a bomb, check this website http://medguideindia.com/ Here click on Drugs-->Brand then type the brand, you can select from the dropdown search results, then click on Generic and you will find many other medicine with same salt available at a much cheaper rate. In my case, I use Voveran D and it costs 45/- but alternative costs just 1/- so 45 times cost saving. Share this with people who need them. Alternatively it can also be seen at http://www.mydawaai.com/
Though you said you getting 1 rupee generic.But most of the time locally they aren't available.I meant that cheap.Rupee 10 alternative might be available.

My mother use to use amlo at for high blood pressure it costs 51 rupee for 10 tablets and in a month she needs approximately 5 packets(50tablet).So total 255 rupee per month.
Searching on this site

http://www.shabbirmedicalhall.com/

I found Amlokind At to be generic substitute.And now monthly expense for 50 tablet is 75.
70% savings per month.

Similarly recently i was infected and doctor recommended some eye drop worth 250.I checked the generic one at it was only 70 bucks.

and a suggestion, ask the doctor if the generic can be taken as the alternative for the branded drug rather than self medication.
its not as simple as searching a website, looking for a generic and purchasing it.

and a suggestion, ask the doctor if the generic can be taken as the alternative for the branded drug rather than self medication.
its not as simple as searching a website, looking for a generic and purchasing it.
I asked and their reply was company is fake and using low quality machine to make those drugs.

And that generic maker is no other than CIPLA generic.

You feel they will give you the right suggestion.

Indian companies like Dr Reddys,LUPIN,SUN pharma,CIPLA all are making generic variant of swiss biggie Novartis,etc and launching them in USA or here .

Yes generic one should be of reputed company like CIPLA rather than 1 rupee one which the OT mentioned.

Yes I agree that alternatives have to be from reputed companies but my One rupee example did not mean f it is low priced it will be rotten and high priced drugs are good. The one from where I procured, its a reputed company in Maharashtra and doing business since 50 years. I first inquire about company, call the manufacturer directly and then source drugs. Even Government based Jan Aushadhalaya sells these cheap, thats another story that low cost drugs are never in stock! Lotza scam involved. Also docs will never tell you to go for cheap alternatives else there whole concept of commissions etc will cease. I have advised this for people who require the medicines in bulk and their budget hinders consumption of medicines which in turn may affect quality of life, for them atleast there is some alternative and this should be known to others. Normally people think that there is no options due to lack of knowledge.

The fact is that the generic medicines are cheaper as not much research and trials has been done by the pharma companies . The increased cost of medicines is due to cumbersome research n development n they are any day less effective than the conventional medicines
Doctors are ur well wishers they are they won't give wrong advice
We are lucky that consultation with doctors is soo cheap here in India visit USA Australia or any other country and u would then realize
What is consultation fees
I would rather buy the conventional medicines than d generic crap for me or any other person I know

^good for you. You can spend 1000 times the amount on non generic drugs since you can. Generic drugs are for poor people who can't afford 50000 a month on drugs. No need to diss generic drugs as crap unless you can give enough proof that chemically they are a lot inferior to branded medicines.
Just so you know many companies now hardly do any trials. They just tweak their old formula and try to patent it and try monopoly tactics to earn billions.

There was an episode on Satyamev Jayate about generic medicines. These are usually as effectively as the costlier ones. Just that they are marketed more and also the doctors get their cut for recommending certain brand.
May a times you would see the pharmacy reps visiting doctors with "gifts" to convince them to prescribe their brand over other.

I asked and their reply was company is fake and using low quality machine to make those drugs.

And that generic maker is no other than CIPLA generic.

You feel they will give you the right suggestion.

Indian companies like Dr Reddys,LUPIN,SUN pharma,CIPLA all are making generic variant of swiss biggie Novartis,etc and launching them in USA or here .

Yes generic one should be of reputed company like CIPLA rather than 1 rupee one which the OT mentioned.

I will tell you my experience.

Cipla and Glenmark.

Two true indian companies.

Drug is colistin
Last antibiotics when it comes to gram negative septicemia.

I had one patient who was battling this septicemia.
We were giving him colistin of cipla at 8 million units dosage which is above the max allowed dosage and for three months duration .

Patient was still on ventilation support and still fever spikes.

Luckily cipla went out of stock and we got glenmark stock of colistin.

Within three days of same dosage of 8 mIU patients fever spikes started going down.
Within one week of glenmark colistin,patient was afebrile.

And on day 10, we were happy to start reducing his ventilatory support.

What does this tell you.

I will wait for your replies guys.

There was an episode on Satyamev Jayate about generic medicines. These are usually as effectively as the costlier ones. Just that they are marketed more and also the doctors get their cut for recommending certain brand.
May a times you would see the pharmacy reps visiting doctors with "gifts" to convince them to prescribe their brand over other.

The word is usual .

You got it right to certain degree.

And talking of gifts to doctor,
Its banned as per Supreme Court.

^good for you. You can spend 1000 times the amount on non generic drugs since you can. Generic drugs are for poor people who can't afford 50000 a month on drugs. No need to diss generic drugs as crap unless you can give enough proof that chemically they are a lot inferior to branded medicines.
Just so you know many companies now hardly do any trials. They just tweak their old formula and try to patent it and try monopoly tactics to earn billions.

Its not about drug trials and all.

To save the costs,
Their will be compromise somewhere.
Its just not about brand and marketing.

Their are cost cutting and those cost cuts come from less standard substrate material use.

Lesses purification and lesser quality check.

Yes I agree that alternatives have to be from reputed companies

Lotza scam involved. Also docs will never tell you to go for cheap alternatives else there whole concept of commissions etc will cease. I have advised this for people who require the medicines in bulk.

No doctor will wish that his patient die.

Half knowledge always kills.

Your idea is good but always remember no company is sitting here to do charity.

For cutting the cost,they will cut the various input cost.

I will tell you my experience.

Cipla and Glenmark.

Two true indian companies.

Drug is colistin
Last antibiotics when it comes to gram negative septicemia.

I had one patient who was battling this septicemia.
We were giving him colistin of cipla at 8 million units dosage which is above the max allowed dosage and for three months duration .

Patient was still on ventilation support and still fever spikes.

Luckily cipla went out of stock and we got glenmark stock of colistin.

Within three days of same dosage of 8 mIU patients fever spikes started going down.
Within one week of glenmark colistin,patient was afebrile.

And on day 10, we were happy to start reducing his ventilatory support.

What does this tell you.

I will wait for your replies guys.

I wont deny that fact of yours.

I also agree about the fact that this generic version might have low quality checks,basic salt use might be from cheaper source and also prone to side effects not seen in original.

But it last few days there have been cases where the government or courts have company heavy on companies where we hear they are charging 70-80% high charges for just sake of even packaging.Such moves bring a picture that the original drug company here is just looting the public.

I am not saying not to go for original but if a source is bit cheaper and if its effective why not go for it.
In my mother case the original drug recommended by doctor was showing a side effect.And hence we tried some other substitute and settle for the last one.

Also the case you mention is of critical stuff where of-course one should look for generic and if it doesn't show any improvement back to original one must go.

In serious hospitalized case i wont recommend what practice i mentioned unless patient cant afford the drug.In short no option left rather than trying.

Also i wanted to know your view on Novartis -Cipla Natco supreme court verdict.

The word is usual .

You got it right to certain degree.

And talking of gifts to doctor,
Its banned as per Supreme Court.
Dude, I didn't know about this ban till now, but I have a friend who father is the dean of a reasonably reputed medical college and he gets every little random thing from medical reps from hand wash and chewing gum boxes and tissues to smart phones, tablets, ipods, refrigerators/ chiller, induction stoves and what not! 90% of what he uses is from those reps, so much that we keep joking whenever he says he needs to buy something, "dude ask some rep, he'll get it for you" :p. I don't want to talk about how ethical it is though. But I know commissions is a thing because I have seen both medical reps and doctors. But I've also known doctors who barely earn 30k per month but still treat people who they think can't afford the fees for free including giving them free medication from the samples they receive. :)

My cousin has just passed out of college and working in some good pharmacy company, don't remember the name (seriously) but he goes to doctors and hospitals and he mentioned that they give gifts to the doctors.

My cousin has just passed out of college and working in some good pharmacy company, don't remember the name (seriously) but he goes to doctors and hospitals and he mentioned that they give gifts to the doctors.
they are breaking rules and if caught,they will be screwed over.
that's all I will say here.

Dude, I didn't know about this ban till now, but I have a friend who father is the dean of a reasonably reputed medical college and he gets every little random thing from medical reps from hand wash and chewing gum boxes and tissues to smart phones, tablets, ipods, refrigerators/ chiller, induction stoves and what not! 90% of what he uses is from those reps, so much that we keep joking whenever he says he needs to buy something, "dude ask some rep, he'll get it for you" :p. I don't want to talk about how ethical it is though. But I know commissions is a thing because I have seen both medical reps and doctors. But I've also known doctors who barely earn 30k per month but still treat people who they think can't afford the fees for free including giving them free medication from the samples they receive. :)
for dean and anything alike,
there are lot many venues of corruptions and how son of dean gets accessed by reps.?
their are many contracts which need to be awarded and all.
it's highly immoral and un ethical.

Its not about drug trials and all.

To save the costs,
Their will be compromise somewhere.
Its just not about brand and marketing.

Their are cost cutting and those cost cuts come from less standard substrate material use.

Lesses purification and lesser quality check.

I will quote my own post.
without all phase drug trials,it won't get FDA clearance.
so what is next best source of cutting cost ?
think guys ?

for dean and anything alike,
there are lot many venues of corruptions and how son of dean gets accessed by reps.?
their are many contracts which need to be awarded and all.
it's highly immoral and un ethical.
Father gets them, son uses them.

Back