Storage Solutions Seagate Warranty through Accel - Customer Registration Required

Came to know of this customer registration requirement, when I went in to RMA my HDD at Accel. Starting 28th January 2010 Accel is asking Seagate customers to register their profile through their site to avail warranty support.

To register your profile:

1. Go to the Online Warranty management Site of Accel Frontline Services Limited at Accel Frontline Services

2. Select a vendor - Seagate

3. Click on Customer Registration and fill up the form.

4. A customer ID is generated and the ID along with the password is emailed to the given email address.

This customer ID must be quoted while availing warranty.

The drives must be carried in gray anti-static bags.

RMA replacement return time - Anywhere from 4-15 days

Accel Frontline Services Limited - Mumbai Addresses:

Tardeo

Accel Frontline Services Limited

Commerce Centre, D16, 4th Floor, Near AC Market,

Mumbai Central (W)

EMail: seacare_tardeo@accelfrontline.in

Phone: 40471703, 40471705

Mobile: 9967718035

Fax: 40471705

Contact name: Imtiyaz

Andheri (E)

Accel Frontline Services Limited

Sagar Tech Plaza- B wing,

Unit no. 2 & 3,Andheri-Kurla Road, Sakinaka,

Andheri (E).

EMail: seacare_mumbai@accelfrontline.in

Phone: 40993098, 40993099

Mobile: 9967718035

Fax: 40993099

Contact Name: Rakesh

Timings:

Business Hour: 9:30 AM-5:30 PM

Lunch Hour: 1:15 PM-1:45 PM

Holidays:

2nd & 4th Saturday, Sunday, Public Holidays

Seagate Call Center Contact Details:

Toll Free No: 000 800 440 1392

Email Id: sfdc.apacsupport@seagate.com

They are the same bags that your HDD sometimes even motherboard comes in. Or try asking the local computer peripherals store, they might have a spare one to lend.

Screw Seagate... Does WD still provide 5 years warranty... If they do then better to move to WD & also avoid other brands serviced by Accel Frontline....

^^Seriously, if the RMA process is so bloody painful now WD is a lot better

The hard drives come packaged in gray anti static bags when you buy them. Donno if they sell them separately. Graphics cards, sound cards etc all come in anti static covers you can use them also i guess

It's not that bad. You just need to register once and not everytime you need to RMA. It's just that they have not communicated it properly, so people going in for RMA were caught unawares with this new requirement.

Anyways right now nothing beats the WD RMA of getting a replacement without getting off the couch.

at acell frontline pune, they didnt ask for the anti static bags. though customer registration is compulsory everywhere i guess. they have put up the notice on there website too.

per the person present here, a lot of seagate returned hdd are turning out actually to be working fine. so from now on, slowly they will have to check for what exactly is the fault before forwarding to seagate.

they today were checking all the disk with a voltmeter. latter on for all disk it will be compulsary to quote the seatools error code.

bitsandpieces said:
at acell frontline pune, they didnt ask for the anti static bags. though customer registration is compulsory everywhere i guess. they have put up the notice on there website too.

per the person present here, a lot of seagate returned hdd are turning out actually to be working fine. so from now on, slowly they will have to check for what exactly is the fault before forwarding to seagate.

they today were checking all the disk with a voltmeter. latter on for all disk it will be compulsary to quote the seatools error code.

Tha't understandable on their part, they many people used to exchange working drives just for kicks

I have a 250GB IDE HDD.. Problem is bootable discs do not work when its connected to the computer... I am only using it as data dump but cannot install OS on it..

It does not have even one bad sector... How to go about RMA...

For voltmeter, I observed:

They connect the ground to the body of the hdd, and the positive to the +5v & +12v of the HDD power connector.

If they see a short at this point they refuse point blank.

i have submitted a case to seagate customer care as well as on seagate forum...about the inconvenience caused by dealers and accelfrontline.

Very disappointed by Seagate Warranty/Sales. Does Seagate have any Control on Quality and Market? - Forum Feedback - Seagate Community Forums

Registration maybe required to view the case.

here is the context anyways..(ya i have done some drama there i know :p)

i had purchased ST3500320AS in April-May 2008.

it worked fine till last 2months...

That is when i had to apply for rma, to my surprice, AccelFrontline denied rma stating that 'My drive is not under warranty according to Seagate' .. They adviced me to contact my dealer.

I contacted my dealer and then i come to know that the drive was and Imported drive which is why Accel denied warranty.

Then after that again i was surpirced... The drive had imprinted 'OEM' in small letters over it. (absolutely not possible to spot it unless and untill pointed out)
My query is..'How are dealers allowed to sell OEM drives as Retail one's with 5yrs warranty??!!'

The seagate online warranty checker too shows that my drive has 5yr warranty, and so does the toll free customer support says my drive is under 5yr waranty.
Rightnow my drive is stuck at my dealer since 1month without any update on replacement.

The whole experience has wasted my precious time and caused me nothing but trouble.

I have paid for a retail product and in now way im going to accept an OEM one for that.

I had seagate in high regards in Performance but now my faith about product quality and market control of seagate has gone way down.
I used to consider in high regards when it came to performance and quality so far(had almost no drives failing on me)... But now it seems seagate doen not care anymore.

I mean... WD replace my 640GB drive with a 750GB one (i also know people who got 1TB for 640GB) just because WD did not have replacement for 640GB to be shipped within promised 3days after arrival... I guess the aftersales do matter more than the product quality for me.
I hope seagate does care about the end user.

Hoping for some action from seagate on the issue of OEMs and my rma case as well.

thank you for reading.

EDiTED:

OMG, i just received an sms from maybe seagate or accelfrontline (yes at freakin 00:55hrs..)

they mentioned:

+919176773479 said:
Hi, Seagate introduce new warranty process.U need to create Ur profile using URL http://myservice.accelwms.in and get the Cust.ID required while submission.

Do note the sms lingo on bold text, it is not my lingo...it is as it is in the sms :O

Update:

Finally seagate support is showing some response...they seem to be interested in knowing the drive status now.

Hey I don't even have a static bag .. so does that mean I cannot claim warranty. Previously they even gave the protective plastic box along with the static bag with the RMA drive. This sucks.

Also even I got the same sms @madnav that too in the night. Really disappointing.

ranjitpai said:
Hey I don't even have a static bag .. so does that mean I cannot claim warranty. Previously they even gave the protective plastic box along with the static bag with the RMA drive. This sucks.

Also even I got the same sms @madnav that too in the night. Really disappointing.

they didnt ask for the anti static bag atleast in my case at pune

I had a even worse experience ,i when went to RMA my disk which was RMAed about 2 months back ,I was told to contact Seagate as drives which were to be RMAed before 100 Days of the last RMA had to be cleard by Seagate.

That means we have to suffer for their Substandard Goods

Back