Storage Solutions Seagate Warranty Status - 3yrs or 5yrs ?

Its weird that the 7200.12's that came out in the beginning had 3years and the ones you guys are getting now have 5 :S

..nonetheless, good for you

m0h1t said:
Its weird that the 7200.12's that came out in the beginning had 3years and the ones you guys are getting now have 5 :S

..nonetheless, good for you

i was expecting 3 years and even i was surprised at 5 years :D

Friends ,

All You Guys that Have a Issue With Warranty Please PM Me Your Serial No i Will Take Up this Issue With the Country Head Seagate In India And Give ou His Feedback ,He is My guru In business ,He Was My Branch Manager In Chandigarh I Love you Sir ,I Remember You with All My Heart Still.....May You Lead a Long Life ....

Bumping up the Old thread

Peeps who have bought 7200.12 500GB Seagate drives recently, could you please tell what the warranty is currently provided

Its confusing because some people say its 5 years and other say only 3 :S

My 7200.12 500GB had 3 years warranty when I initially bought my drive, now for the same drive it is showing expiry in 2014

Great news man, was a bit worried when warranty was reduced to 3 years, Seagate has finally come up from the crisis of 7200.11 series. Seagate rocks.

actually doesn't matter. If it survives 3 years, then it means there is nothing wrong with it and it will survive for 5 years. MoOst HDDs that fail, fail within the first year itself.

m0h1t said:
My 7200.12 500GB had 3 years warranty when I initially bought my drive, now for the same drive it is showing expiry in 2014

mine is still 3 years :mad:

I wrote to Seagate...they said....

"Please be informed that your serial number has a warranty until 2012, 3 years. Our drives have 3-5 years warranty, but it depends on the reseller and the price the drive was bought at thus not all drive contains the same warranty."

WTF:mad:

Yesterday I bought the same model hdd frm the same shop and it has 5 yrs.

I think some HDDs sold arnd April-May have 3 yrs warranty.

dude,

Seagate 1 TB freeagent comes with 5 yrs warranty...

While its the WD ones who are with 3 yr warranty, but come with a home pickup & drop service in case of a problem..

Back