Storage Solutions Seagate Rma Center in mumbai

hii

i just got my hdd rma'ed
they sent me a ST3500418AS (7200.12) with 16mb buffer hdd as a
replacement

my old hdd was a ST3500320AS(7200.11)with 32 mb buffer

y did they send a lesser buffer drive...
wht should i do... (i hav accepted the drive as i sent a friend to pick it up)....

sri_k said:
Do they provide RMA service for hdd bought frm international countries?

I believe it is an international warranty. They did not look at any proof of purchase. Just the serial number is enough for them to determine if the warranty applies or not. So country of purchase should not matter IMHO.

You can check you warranty status on the Seagate website by providing the serial number.

anybody knows the timings at the seagate service centres?? I have office from 10-7 everyday and coming in a bit late or leaving early is nearly impossible this week. Would be better if i knew the timings.

Also, I suppose the only centre between jogeshwari and Bandra is the andheri east one? any others??

chic_magnet said:
anybody knows the timings at the seagate service centres?? I have office from 10-7 everyday and coming in a bit late or leaving early is nearly impossible this week. Would be better if i knew the timings.

Also, I suppose the only centre between jogeshwari and Bandra is the andheri east one? any others??

The timings are 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM for the Andheri (E) one.

ace1503 said:
hii

i just got my hdd rma'ed
they sent me a ST3500418AS (7200.12) with 16mb buffer hdd as a
replacement

my old hdd was a ST3500320AS(7200.11)with 32 mb buffer

y did they send a lesser buffer drive...
wht should i do... (i hav accepted the drive as i sent a friend to pick it up)....

They hav given u a better drive...7200.12 500GB comes with 16MB cache max.

The service totally sucks. I have given my 400GB HDD on 4th July. 2009 for replacement. They said it will be back within 2 weeks. Its been almost 2 months, I haven't got response back from them. Their SakiNaka Office in Andheri (E) has 2 tel numbers that are always busy or it rings and nobody picks it up. It is very frustrating that you cannot get hold of anyone to ask about your product.
Online..keeps showing "In Process"....but doesn't tell you when will I get my HDD.

I found out there are other numbers in the same office, from their mobile department that atleast pick up their phones...

022-40993000/3001/3002/3003

Thats the only hope one has to ask about their product. These reps try to transfer line but again you get into that same loop of "line busy" or "no answer".

I wish these guys straighten up this problem soon, because eventually, it hurt us, the customers.

Hope this helps others....

Sorry to bump this really old thread up. I just registered on Accell Frontline website for rma-ing my dead 2TB Seagate drive. In problem reported I entered drive not detecting since its dead. I hope its okay. Also something weird happened. After completing all 3 steps it just went back to home page of site and did not give me any confirmation number etc. Did registration of rma fail?

This is the latest address of their Andheri East service center. I tried emailing them last Monday, but did not recieve any response till now. Shows the level of support they give out. Rashi emails back by next day. Seems like Rashi is giving better support than Accel Frontline now.

Code:
ACCEL CARE CENTER
ACTIVE INFOTECH
NO:15, 1st Floor, VASANT INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, P.O.BOX
NEAR SAKINAKA POST OFFICE, SAKI VIHAR ROAD, ANDHERI
MUMBAI - 400072
MAHARASHTRA
INDIA
Email Id : accelcare@gmail.com
Phone No : 022-40818760,9821043396
Mobile No : 9323906323

Timings: Mon-Fri, 9AM - 6PM

Hey @6pack, just visit their ASSC, and give details, you just need to be registered on their site. Did RMA on the spot - gave dead HDDs and got new ones after a week or two - mix of refurbs and new.

Back