SBI Online account

Cloud-S

Adept
I want to start internet banking with my SBI acc.

Do I need to visit the branch and submit the application? There's also a NEW USER REGISTRATION option on the website. If I use this, do I still have to visit the branch?

To Do Things First Better Visit Branch itself where your Accounts situated.....After all this is SBI.

The Last I checked..... The Online New User Registration may provide you a link of a PDF File which is Application (This Application freely available at any SBI Branch) - You can print it and fill it up at home but you need to visit physically at the said branch to submit that....after that may be 7 Days Later they provide you a Envelope which contains Temp User ID & Password which is for one time Login Only...From then on the process is Automated / Online.

I want to start internet banking with my SBI acc.

Do I need to visit the branch and submit the application? There's also a NEW USER REGISTRATION option on the website. If I use this, do I still have to visit the branch?

Yes you have to visit the branch.

1. Download the application from website.
2. Fill the application.
3. Visit branch with application and required documents of proof.
4. Complete the formalities.
5. The checkbook and ATM card reaches your home address.
6. The ATM pin and the internet banking kit has to be collected from the SBI.

Some Negative points about SBI (which i facing currently) :-

1. You can't change mobile number online. For that you have to submit Application to your home branch with reference number. (Bank Passbook is necessary for it for identification).

2. Same for Email ID.

3. SBI ATM not working on international online shopping sites (I tried on Steam).

4. You have to wait for almost all the things get done (Because Babu logs in SBI).

It's useless.
Those sarkari babus will ask you to fill-up yet another branch specific application form. SBI guys are big time idiots when they say that this is an online application form. In fact, it's just a way to reduce their own work. You are required to submit a printed copy of this online application. It defeats its purpose when there's still manual paperwork involved. And that's not all... instead of using the TCRN/TARN to speed up the application processing, they manually fill-in all user data again!

Some Negative points about SBI (which i facing currently) :-
Nice! If every unsatisfied SBI customer share their woes online, SBI will have to mend their processes.

Back