Graphic Cards Sapphire HD4870 display issues and RMA

saroman.magz

Recruit
Hi,

i got my Sapphire HD4870 from TE member in 2010 , the card has been faithful to me since then. but last week all of a sudden while playing a game the display went blank & the PC crashed. since then the display is messed up and all i see is artifacts from the time of boot.

i have cleaned the card thoroughly and reapplied TIM but no effect, also the thermal pads are almost 4+ yrs old and i have no clue where to buy new once. guess its time to send the card for repairs

the card was bought in US so there is no bill and warranty, when checked with ATI regarding warranty / service center they responded "the warranty for these products is provided by the partner manufacturer who manufactures the product under the AMD Partner TradeMark License Agreement".

any idea where i should send this card in pune for repairs /RMA?

This is what my screen looks like ... images (1).jpg images (2).jpg images.jpg

The card has served its purpose properly for almost five straight years. No need to sadden on it. Instead thank it and move on to new generation card. No rma possible as its already out of warranty and its an US based card. And once such display issues kick in trust me no matter how much you spend, nothing gonna work for sure. :dead:

I have gone through with such issues with many of my nvidia cards and all died after serving at least four years faithfully. In fact I never ever OCed any of my GPUs and didnt gamed that hard though.
I even gave it for repairs and it was done as well but similar or worst issues keep coming back after some months or so. :inpain:

Thus, repairing a mobo seems worth but not a GPU.:facepalm:

Hence no need to cry or spend your valuable money on it. Bid it good bye.:angelic:

well the card has been faithful to me all these years, shame its dying all of a sudden :cyclops: , still i would like to give it a last try before Bid it good bye.
is there any place (non ATI / Sapphire) where i can send it for repairs ??

@nRiTeCh where did you send your cards for repairs ??

well the card has been faithful to me all these years, shame its dying all of a sudden :cyclops: , still i would like to give it a last try before Bid it good bye.
is there any place (non ATI / Sapphire) where i can send it for repairs ??

@nRiTeCh where did you send your cards for repairs ??

I made a good technician friend in XFX service center at lamington road way back in year 2005 unfortunately he left the job but he never told me the reason and now he is out of touch since past 7 years. He personally repaired my 3 cards and even he exchanged my cards with never flavours for minimal amount and much more. But as said, golden days last short.

Coming to the point again I dont know if you are from Mumbai or not but currently I dont have such contacts who can do these kind of stuffs but you may try various centers esp. for pc peripherals.

ok..thanks let me head to market section of TE and see whats there, also 1 last thing if nothing pans out is there any one who buys these broken / damaged cards to salvage the components ??

Even I have one such card which is a xfx 9600gt where one capacitor has blown out. It refuses to give display sometimes. I would like to sell the card so that the components can be salvaged. Kindly let me know if anyone can buy it.

Back