Audio Sansa Clip+ 2GB frozen and not powering up

Sarge

Adept
I recently bought the Sansa Clip+ 2GB. Have been using it for a couple of days.

This morning it abruptly powered off in the middle of a song even though it had more than 3/4th of battery power. It refused to power up. I tried keeping the power button pushed for more than 10 secs but no use. Tried a couple of times and gave up. After about 1/2 an hour I tried powering it up again and it worked without any hassles :S

1) Has anyone having the Clip+ faced this problem?

2) What might be the cause?

It's a new piece and I haven't rough handled it yet.

Happened once with my Fuze , though pressing the power button for 15 seconds helped(it restarts the device)

Actually, I got a similar abrupt power off problem, which seems to have got sorted out after firmware update. That's why suggested you to do the same thing. :)

It's been more than a week now that I have upgraded the firmware to the latest. No problems yet so the upgrade seems to be the right choice. Also did not face any abrupt freezes.

@ranjit

Apart from solving your issue, did you find any noticable improvement in the clip+. Should other people (not facing the issue) also update firmware or may be not needed for now ??

NO,There weren't any noticeable improvements after the upgrade.

The reviews of the newer firmware were not that good because some did not like the lowering of the max volume level.

Also they said that playback of flac has been improved but I did not notice anything as such.

All in all I would say that it is just my personal preference to be up-to-date with the latest firmware and would not recommend this as a necessary update since it does not aim at any specific showstopping issues.

PS: Volume cannot be changed outside of playback screen --> Did not notice this before the update .. if anyone can check if this bug exists on the old firmware then I can say that this might be a good reason to

AFAIK, newer version doesn't allow you to change volume setting(in system settings) to high, only if you have selected your region as Europe.For others, it still exists.

Back