Samsung's Galaxy Note 3 is bigger, faster, thinner, and lighter

manucitc

Disciple
q09-03_16-05-42vs_verge_super_wide.jpg

q09-03_16-43-02vs_verge_super_wide.jpg

The Galaxy Note 3 sticks close to the winning formula: it enlarges the Super AMOLED display of the Note II to 5.7 inches, adds a bombastic 3GB of RAM and a 2.3GHz quad-core processor, raises the camera resolution to 13 megapixels, and simultaneously trims the fat so it can be a millimeter thinner at 8.3mm and a shade lighter at 168g.

source : http://www.theverge.com/2013/9/4/4693206/samsung-galaxy-note-3-specs-features-release-date-price

Just finished watching the live event. The LTE version has the 2.3G quad core (Snapdragon?) and the 3G version has the 1.9G Octa core (Exynos?)

I loved the Pen Window and multi window with same app and drag and drop feature in it. And Samsung is finally thinking premium with the leather (?) finish in the back and serrations on the side bezel which should give it a very nice grip

With 3 GB Ram , I don't know in which direction android is going ...
Gogle and othe OEM seriously ned to change their thinking bigger is better in terms of hardwarre and have to try
software part ....

Each and every android mobile fell laggy after sometime either it has 512 mb RAM pr 2 GB RAM....

3 GB Ram, 2 x quad core processor... this is completely insane.. even I can run linux (Ubuntu, Red hat) on my pentium D

black with silver polished edges looks ugly same with sony xperia z1 and s4 ......
they should have gone with stealth black or grey edges with black

With 3 GB Ram , I don't know in which direction android is going ...
Gogle and othe OEM seriously ned to change their thinking bigger is better in terms of hardwarre and have to try
software part ....

Each and every android mobile fell laggy after sometime either it has 512 mb RAM pr 2 GB RAM....

Problem is that they need to add more software features to sell the device and with more features they need to add more RAM and processing power for all to make work since optimization of software is the last thing in mind i guess.

Love the new note 3 design...i dont know what everyone is talking about...

android after 4.3 is blazingly fast even on my note1 so cant imagine how it will be on this monster...earlier I was thinking that i will buy note2 after price drop...but after seeing note3 (display, design and hardware) I think I might seriously go for the note3 instead

Android has come a long long way when it comes to optimization.
Try a nexus device, no lag at all.
The problem is TouchWiz and it is not optimized at all. Touchwiz is great when your device is new and there's not much data.
Fill it up and your phone starts lagging.Something reviews and showroom testing won't tell you.

i couldn't buy the note 2 last time but note 3 makes a convincing upgrade the only thing that worries me is that Samsung is going to increase prices of all their products by 15-20%( rumored) to counter the rupee vs dollar struggle.
& the exynox processor :( don't know how effective it might be couldn't find any benchmarks did anyone else find some actual benchmarks[DOUBLEPOST=1378706213][/DOUBLEPOST]just came across this http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...853756_1_galaxy-s4-galaxy-note-ii-superamoled
September 25 launch

Last edited:
i couldn't buy the note 2 last time but note 3 makes a convincing upgrade the only thing that worries me is that Samsung is going to increase prices of all their products by 15-20%( rumored) to counter the rupee vs dollar struggle.
Rumours are just that.

40-45k. or just wait a couple of months. Samsung will absorb any hit this is an important market for them.[DOUBLEPOST=1378710582][/DOUBLEPOST]
black with silver polished edges looks ugly same with sony xperia z1 and s4 ......
they should have gone with stealth black or grey edges with black
A dated design.

One that needs a protective case otherwise that faux leather and silver polish will wear off and look rubbish after 6 months.

Android has come a long long way when it comes to optimization.
Try a nexus device, no lag at all.
The problem is TouchWiz and it is not optimized at all. Touchwiz is great when your device is new and there's not much data.
Fill it up and your phone starts lagging.Something reviews and showroom testing won't tell you.
They make it hard to change things. Heard people say just use nova launcher and everything is ok.

The S4 has a signed PIT file that makes it very difficult to reclaim any space from a more optimised firmware. Whether Note 3 also has this 'feature' remains to be seen. Though its 32GB i heard instead of the usual 16GB. Less of an issue in that case.

Samsung releases code but its slow & selective.

Back