Samsung YP-K5

The Samsung YP-K5 features a unique and stylish design with a built-in, slide-out speaker, and the interface is stunning; includes an FM radio and cool visual effects. The player offers excellent sound quality

I had a 30gb Video Ipod, and then i bought the Samsung YP-K5, i consider it a trade-UP. might not be able to watch videos on it, but i never did on the ipod so who cares. The speakers ROCK, i spend a lot of time at the park with my friends after hours and this provides music for the occasion. The battery life on this MP3 player is great, 30 HOURS W/HEADPHONES!!. I RECOMMEND U TRADE AWAY UR IPODS FOR THIS SUPERIOR PLAYER!!!!

The K5 is compatible with various jukeboxes and services, including Windows Media Player 10 (which is one of the system requirements for the player), Rhapsody, and Napster. Supported audio formats are WAV, WMA, Ogg Vorbis, MP3, including DRM-10 for use with to-go services.

The downsides are that it is a bit bulky, but if u want the speakers, what do u expect, the navigation takes a little getting used to, and it smudges easily.

Prices range from 170$ USD (refurbished) - 260$ USD, with prices in between.

All i did was buy a case on ebay which solved all those problems. The case has a belt clip, so the size doesnt bother me, and it has a clear cover over the face, so no more smudges.

All in all, i highly recommend this MP3 player as an alternative to the iPod.
Edit: This is my first review, if u like it please let me know, if there are ways it could be better, please let me know, thanks.

Back