Samsung to remove extra apps from TouchWiz: Report

NEW DELHI: It looks like Samsung is in the process of slimming down its TouchWiz smartphone software and optimising it for its upcoming flagship smartphone, Galaxy S6.

Samsung is removing all add-on features that can be downloaded as apps and making the system software as light as possible according to a report by SamMobile.

While it's not clear what features and apps will be removed, it's possible that apps such as Story Album, S Translator, or S Voice assistant will be made optional downloads, as speculated by the website.

Samsung's TouchWiz software has received brickbats from users and reviewers alike for its bloatware and lag ridden user interface.

The removal of additional apps and optimization of the code are expected to make Samsung's upcoming phone faster by eliminating lag and stutter, and give users more storage space for their own content.

Earlier, a report by Business Korea had also suggested that Samsung was getting rid of unnecessary features and simplifying the UI of its system software, making it as fast and smooth as stock Android on Google's Nexus 6.

Source

I think despite removing all the apps it is still a lousy software. They should really think of revamping it.

No matter how much they remove extra bloatware Touchwiz will always be the obstacle in the Updates, Samsung needs to move more towards the stock android which will also help them to keep up with the faster update cycles with so many devices in their folio.

I'm waiting for my s3 ,s4 ,note,galaxy grand . Hope it is done soon . I buy samsung for amoled screens and native 3g video calling wich my moto g ,e and redmi 1s don't support .

Samsung should give user option to keep the Touchwiz or Android vanilla ui when starting a new phone. Or they should provide simple process to move it from Touchwiz to vanilla android

Its feb and still there is no sign of lollipop for note 3 lte sm 9005.Though they are taking it so long I am sure its worth a wait.Coming back to the point, its a good thing the samsung is removing all the bloatwares which can ve downloaded later from the app store if user feels like he needs them. Stock android ui is very boring. I love touchwizzzz.

Now also remove the gtalk app because google shuts the gtalk and replaced by the Hangouts app which is also giving the functions of the chating, audio calls as same provided by gtalk. Enjoy with new Hangouts app...:)

Back