Samsung - T7 Shield 4TB External USB 3.2 Gen 2 or Crucial - X6 SE 4TB External USB-C/USB-A Portable SSD

Jules Goes

Disciple
Hey , need help in selecting in one of this SSD , a friend can get it for me from USA

Samsung - T7 Shield 4TB External USB 3.2 Gen 2 or Crucial - X6 SE 4TB External USB-C/USB-A Portable SSD .

The Samsung looks like the better option given the ruggedness, but they'll probably perform similarly enough that you won't notice a difference (depending on your use case).

That said, if you don't need the ruggedness I'd probably just go for a regular 4TB internal SSD like this one and put it in a 10Gbps enclosure - much cheaper and more flexible (replace enclosure in case of connector damage, put the SSD in a PC, etc). In fact, you could even buy it here and come out to roughly the same cost as the external options, so you get the advantage of easier warranty and such as well.

The Samsung looks like the better option given the ruggedness, but they'll probably perform similarly enough that you won't notice a difference (depending on your use case).

That said, if you don't need the ruggedness I'd probably just go for a regular 4TB internal SSD like this one and put it in a 10Gbps enclosure - much cheaper and more flexible (replace enclosure in case of connector damage, put the SSD in a PC, etc). In fact, you could even buy it here and come out to roughly the same cost as the external options, so you get the advantage of easier warranty and such as well.
Thanks for the reply

currently using WD750 in enclosure, works good , but gets hot .

any idea about who handles warranty of Silicon Power ?
and hows EVM 4tb SSD ? its for 14450 on only ssd

Back