Android [Samsung S10+] better battery life

PoBoy

Skilled
I just came across this on GSMArena : link
See post by vjx012 on 28 Sep 2023

Can some of the more knowledgeable members comment.

Protip: for a truly insane battery life, both screen on, and ESPECIALLY screen off, go to Settings, then Apps, then See all X apps, where X is your number of apps.

Now, think a bit: which app doesn't need background activity? And which apps with background activity do you not need background at all (for example, Facebook or Quora if you aren't interested in their notifications)? If the app fulfills that, tap on the app in the app list, then tap App battery usage, then tap on Restricted.

What this does is prevent the app from running in background, thus easing the load on CPU, possibly increasing the amount of free RAM (don't hold me to that though), and thus, lessened impact on battery. By putting the vast majority of apps except only those which you need to run in background (instant messaging for notifications, music player for music and so on) all that adds up to a much greater battery endurance. The CPU is fast enough so I doubt you'll notice a difference in responsiveness but the battery life will be insane! For example, constantly using my phone, basically constantly using Firefox for browsing from 7:00, will reach 30% battery in around 12:30 when the battery saver kicks in, and I still have at least an hour and a half to two hours projected battery time remaining by checking the Battery option in Settings. Guess the screen off time? From 22:00, when the battery is 100%, and 6:50 when I wake up, it dropped to only 95%, and projected time was over 7 days! ...

Fairly long post so you will have to follow the link.

May be applicable to other phones too, I guess.

This is a feature on Samsung phones
Every now and then it ask for apps to put into deep sleep that havent been used.
that's why I suggest Samsung phone to every one, there are lots of other good features than this, but please don't ask me to find it for you. Buy it and experience same.

Back