Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 Indian 2.3.6 released

ambar_hitman

Disciple
Galaxy SII I9100 2.3.6 Firmware out. SamMobile Firmware Page
PDA: I9100XWKL1 CSC: I9100ODDKL1
Finally, the I9100 users can breath a sigh of relief, as their phone gets an official Indian upgrade.:clap:
MODs: please lock/merge this thread if not appropriate.

Backstory: Samsung released an update for I9100G in November 2011 but not for I9100 thus angering Indian I9100 users. They felt their wrath on facebook, twitter everywhere. Now Samsung has released 2.3.6 and Indian I9100 users dont have to flash other country's firmwares for 2.3.6.

@ryanrules

When you say good battery life how much exactly is it giving on Idle mode , mine gives 20 hours with just normal 1 hour music usage , browsing for around 1 hr and 30 minutes Call time.

Are you guys talking about custom firmware or the official one from samsung?

I connected mine via kies and tried to update but it doesn't seem to show there are any new official firmware updates :(

For best battery life, always try CM7 or MIUI. I get nearly 40 hours of battery life including ~ 3 hours of screen-on time and around an hour of voice calls.

Last time I checked MIUI had pretty bad battery life.

I get around 6hrs of on-screen time with Andromeda or Gingermod with sppedmod kernel.

Sent from Galaxy S2

my battery life on kk5-----

1. Calls - approx 2.5-4 hrs

2. SMSs - approx 100 / day

3. All accounts on sync - 2 hrs / day

4. Browsing - 30 mins

5. Music - 40 mins - 1 hr

6. Video - 10-15 mins

With the above usage I get normally around 1d 15-17h of usage. If I cut down on the voice calls the battery back up increases to more than couple of days. The highest i have gone on a single charge was 2d 18 h though the calls was for 40 mins only that time.

Overall very happy with the battery back up :D

sukant said:
@ryanrules

When you say good battery life how much exactly is it giving on Idle mode , mine gives 20 hours with just normal 1 hour music usage , browsing for around 1 hr and 30 minutes Call time.

Mine 24-27 hours with 1 hr of music, 1 hour of calls, 15-20 texts, browsing of 1 hr , with 3G enabled all day, 7-10 email replies all that on one full 100% charge and last time i check i had 10~18% left after all the usage

I get around 10 to 12 hours of usage out of my S2 daily.

However it has been quite some time that i have used my laptop.:D

BTW guys i face a weird problem. When i am on any ROM other than the GingerMod my calls fail to connect very frequently. This used to happen even when my phone was on the stock Indian firmware.

The other ROM in which the calls connected properly was MIUI but it had the 3g signal bug. BTW how are the latest versions of MIUI. Have the bugs been sorted out.

Sent from a Galaxy in the S2 system

rdst_1 said:
I get around 10 to 12 hours of usage out of my S2 daily.

However it has been quite some time that i have used my laptop.:D

BTW guys i face a weird problem. When i am on any ROM other than the GingerMod my calls fail to connect very frequently. This used to happen even when my phone was on the stock Indian firmware.

The other ROM in which the calls connected properly was MIUI but it had the 3g signal bug. BTW how are the latest versions of MIUI. Have the bugs been sorted out.

Sent from a Galaxy in the S2 system

The best thing to check with connectivity part would be a different modem, i use i9100XXKI4 and had no issues with connectivity, do you have issues with both gsm and wcdma ? , Latest versions of MIUI are good, im not switching to MIUI until A2DP is fixed completely as i need my stereo earphones to work while im commuting

Tried yesterday using Kies and it said that my phone was up to date on 2.3.3. will wait for a few days and then try again.

I downloaded this firmware. I had 2 files. One tar.md5 file and another dll??? file . How do I install this firmware. The guide available there shows some stuff about checking repartition and selecting .pit file and all which I am not going to do.

buBleZ said:
I downloaded this firmware. I had 2 files. One tar.md5 file and another dll??? file . How do I install this firmware. The guide available there shows some stuff about checking repartition and selecting .pit file and all which I am not going to do.

You need to use Odin to flash the .pda file, there shouldnt be a dll file, where are you downloading the firmware from ?

Updated my S2 to 2.3.6 yesterday...battery life has improved a lot :D. Other goodies include support for Indic languages (I can see hindi text which people some time post on facebook) and some minor UI changes. People go for it :)

Back