Samsung Galaxy S3 or Samsung Galaxy Note?

mathrisk

.: deleted :.
Adept
Mar 17, 2008
Bangalore
www.thefinsight.com
S3 can be operated with single hand. But I don't think Note can be used with one hand.
IMO, Note is simply too Big for the pocket. :p

For web browsing S3 should suffice. For video watching and doing stuffs with the s-pen - Note got the edge over S3.

Take a 'test drive' of both the devices and decide yourself which suits you best.

Onemufc

Skilled
Apr 16, 2011
This question was asked by one of my lady friends yesterday.

I replied back "Depends how big you like. Get Note if you think 5.5 inches is good for you " :D

She is still pissed at me.

Jasku

Skilled
Apr 27, 2008
Honestly, I struggle to operate the S3 also with one hand at times, so as someone said, its purely based on your requirement, if you want a portable media player, then the note would be a better option, if you want an all round option the S3 is a better buy.

WolVish85

Disciple
Sep 4, 2012
^^ Yes and Yes. Make sure you do a LOT of reading before flashing custom ROMs, so you don't end up with paperweight. Some phones like Defy are very hard to brick, but not all phones.. :)

Aces170

ex-Mod
Mar 16, 2005
Infact the note is very easy to brick, if you have not read enough. Thanks to faulty EMMC NAND shipped with most Notes. I would suggest get a Note II, better hardware, and no eMMC bug issue.

WolVish85

Disciple
Sep 4, 2012
^^ Adding to that, IF you brick your Note, the cost to replace the board is 10000 bucks.

One of my friends bricked his Note (which had eMMc bug), somehow brought it back alive with stock firmware, gave it to the Samsung service centre to upgrade to ICS. Those guys bricked it while flashing and they replaced the whole board for free. Now he's flashing ROMs without any hesitation.. :p