Samsung Galaxy Note 2 VS Note 1

Hi guys , as i have posted earlier in the Show off section regarding my iphone 5 purchase for my sister , the attention she is getting is phenomenal , it makes my LG optimus black dull . So i have decided to get myself a better phone too .
I needed a phone with a bigger display and the Note 2 was the first to come in mind . Went to my dealer friend and to my surprise he allready had a test sample working model of Note 2 with him . He was willing to sell me that test model itself for 33k without warranty but i refused since i needed a proper box packed model with genuine samsung warranty . Dont call me a hypocrite after my iphone 5 fiasco but that was another story :annoyed: ! Dealer said he could arrange for a new Note 2 under warranty within 3-4 working days and that samsung would announce the price between 36-38k !
I checked out the white Note 2 and to me it didnt feel as premium as the note 1 did , note 2 has the same plasticky feel as that of the S3 instead of the dotted finish on back we got on Note1 . Coming to note 1 , with the introduction of the new model the prices have fallen to an extent that my dealer is willing to sell me Note 1 for just 27.5k !
Now is the additional 10k worth to add for the new note ? I know its got better hardware but can Note 1 wont manage any particular task that the note 2 can ? Yeah i like playing 3D games but the only 3D game that i have ever completed is Spiderman that too because i didnt have anything to do for a whole day . My main priority would be to watch videos and use its multimedia and GPS functions in my car . Also i would try some basic office work and PDF's
Other phones that come to mind is HTC 1x , S3 and LG 4x . These have smaller displays and cant be used as a phablet . One X has battery related issues and my dealer friend has told me to avoid the S3 for its build quality . One member of his staff broke the S3's screen just while applying the scratch gaurd ! :lol:
I will be buying the phone within a week so please suggest guys . Saving 10k would be really cool especially after the iphone 5 purchase that is promising to make me bankrupt ! :(

The cost difference is about 10k.

Galaxy Note II vs. Galaxy Note | The Verge

For that 10k, the Note 2 gives you

1) Larger screen in almost the same physical size.
2) Much better screen. (Not a pentile arrangement anymore.)
3) Quad core processor (Note 1 is dual core)
4) New S-Pen features (hover mode)
5) New multi window feature (not sure if Note 1 can get this) - Samsung Galaxy Note II S Pen features (Korean) - YouTube
6) Larger battery 3100 mAh (vs 2500 mAh on the Note 1)
7) Comes with Jellybean installed by default.

Drawbacks - Note 1 has higher PPI.

You will need to decide if 10k is worth those extra features.

For your main use case (multimedia), it basically boils down to the screen. Is the larger + better + lower PPI screen vs Note 1 an improvement? Best bet is to compare side-by-side in store and check.

You can go for Note 1 if you are not particular about quad core and just in bigger screen,1 gb vs 2gb difference . Note 1 will also get jelly bean and the 3100 mAh will give you the same battery life because the Quad core will also need extra juice.If you are not getting it for games in particular than Dual core is sufficient for now imo. I also think that Note 1 looks more premium than Note 2 but than it is just my opinion. Saving 10k for loosing those extras is worth it.:p

whatsinaname Thaks for the links . The new S-pen features look good especially the Hover mode like the mouse in PC . I also liked the grey model more , yet to see it personally .
Guys , will the Note 1 get the jellybean update ? How is its developers community . I checked out my friends note 1 today and to me the screen looked a little yellowish compared to note 2 which had a natural feel to it , although i was not able to compare them side by side . Battery life will be a big concern to me . How does the 2gb RAM plays role in Note 2 . I am able to get the note 2 at dealer price which might be as low as 34.5-35k and note 1 for Rs28k . So the total difference would be about 7-8k !

Today my motherboard gave up , posting this through cell , its been a costly month for me . I will have to get a new mobo and ram . Hopes of buying note 2 are getting dim .
I just want to know that taking the future in preference , say that i may use the phone for 1.5-2 years , then i think getting note2 is a better option , say what guys ? i just have doubts regarding note 2's build quality and durability .

galaxy s2 has support for more video and audio codecs. a strong plus for me. s2 has microsd card slot.(i will be swapping my friends cards many times). touchwiz has a lot of features. it has become better in the latest iteration. but, lacks eye candy. needs more transitions.

The Galaxy Note 2 is being discussed here, not the S2. Both the Note 1 and Note 2 have expandable memory.

i got my note 2 (preordered) along with the promised desktop dock (for preorders only) yesterday. Iam loving it to the core. its big and beautiful (grey color) than my wifes s3. overall a winner

i got my note 2 (preordered) along with the promised desktop dock (for preorders only) yesterday. Iam loving it to the core. its big and beautiful (grey color) than my wifes s3. overall a winner
Can you please post a short review ! If you can then do compare it with the note 1 . Also how much did you you pay in total ?

Offtopic : today i had to getmyself a new mobo , processor and ram since all of them went kaput . Got i3 , gigabyte h55m-d2h and 4gb ram for total Rs 10700 , what a month :(

Can you please post a short review ! If you can then do compare it with the note 1 . Also how much did you you pay in total ?

Offtopic : today i had to getmyself a new mobo , processor and ram since all of them went kaput . Got i3 , gigabyte h55m-d2h and 4gb ram for total Rs 10700 , what a month :(

Damn It man, I too got a new keyboard, HDD, and DVD writer summing up 11k, will take another month or so till I get my hands on Note 2 :/

A few considerations.

1. Does Quad core matter to you? There are barely any apps that utilize 2 cores, forget 4 cores. IMO, dual cores are just about hitting their full potential. Quad core have a good 1 year to really become mainstream.

2. Will you be using a custom ROM? A custom ROM utilizes resources far more efficiently than the stock.]

3. They have the exact same GPU, so no difference in smoothness/gaming performance.

Save your money, get a Note, and an external battery, if thats even a consideration.

By the way my age old Galaxy S, performs as well as my Note. Don't fall prey to marketing horseshit.

^^ but the price difference between them for me is around 7-8k , note 2 looks worthy since i will be using it for atleast 2 years . After reading the review on GSMarena and watching few videos on youtube i have decided on Note 2 !
Wish me luck guys !

Got my Note 2 today . Thanks to people who helped me decide .
Will create a show off thread with better pics later :)

captureke.jpg

Back