Samsung Captivate aka Galaxy S at 21K !

need a captivate , anyone help me around please

quick question , if the seller sends it to my friend in america and he then sends it to the aramex address , will that work?

kippu said:
need a captivate , anyone help me around please

quick question , if the seller sends it to my friend in america and he then sends it to the aramex address , will that work?

my friend is also in US. Can anyone tell me how to get it shipped here without much hassles

archat68 said:
But some sellers decline to ship to an address which is not Paypal verified.

Ask Varkey if he knows about any workaround.
In India, Paypal does not verify the address as such, only the account is verified. I have made several purchases on eBay UK and eBay US with my Aramex address and in all cases the address was shown as Confirmed in Paypal. But when I made a payment for my friend it showed it as Unconfirmed, maybe cause the names didn't match.

So as long as you are using your own verified Paypal account for making the payment, you should be fine and it will mostly show as confirmed.

avi said:
Whoot ! thats really sweet price :D

congrats on your purchase !

Last post dint come out right. I meant, I wasn't able to buy the piece. My highest bid was 250 :D ..went for 260. Nvm, I will get another.
archat68 said:
I placed a bid for almost new Captivate for 275$ - is the price right?
Also, can you tell me regarding the unlocking steps?

Yep, the price is decent. XDA has a thread on unlocking. Check avi's post in the ZTE Blade thread. He has posted a link to it. :)
Guys, just be aware of this: NY state has an extra sales tax. So you need to figure in the tax amount too while doing the totals. Fortunately, my seller was from NY.

I am not sure how it works for used items. Maybe Vivek can help to clarify on this.

Guys before ordering used/refurbished phones from ebay.com please read aramex's t&c or their fb page :

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE REFURBISHED/USED ITEMS, AS WE ARE NOT PERMITTED TO GET THESE INTO INDIA. IF BROUGHT INTO INDIA, THE ITEM WILL ATTRACT A PENALTY.

link: Login | Facebook

shopship.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Confirmed same with Aramex's CC

yup, a friend was charged 20% penalty cause he had imported a slightly used item. many people actually get away with it though :p .

infact you can't even buy used or refurbished items from GEB unless it's wrongly described.

ICC World is costlier than Aramex Shop & Ship.

Placed and order for 280$ shipped to Aramex address for a mint condition one. Instructed the seller to mark it as Gift and not as Used and also to include an invoice stating the value as 50$.

He promised to ship it out today.

Let's see.

BTW you can get this one for $320 shipped (the seller agreed to):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250763060754&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

And this one for $280 shipped (again the seller agreed):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180616437807&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

^ Both great pieces.

A bit OT: I am giving my piece to a friend. Sticking to ZTE. Decided to do that after seeing the new PSP2 (NGP) in action. I mean who wouldn't want a PS3 capable hardware as their portable. I want to save up money to buy that. It will a be shame if I ran out of money just in time. :)

Back