PC Peripherals Samsung B2330 black border issue

TerrorBlade

Disciple
Hey guys,
i own a Samsung B2330 Full HD monitor.
The issue is that it has a black border and hence, the whole screen is not occupied by my desktop... I could have as well been okay with a 22'' monitor instead of a 23'' since it shows a 22'' desktop because of this background...
My graphics card is a Sapphire HD6870 and using CCC, when i go to the desktop management section, there is a desktop area setting in which there are 2 options,
1) HDTV: which has resolutions from 648p to 1080p.
2) Basic: which has resolutions from 640x480 all the way up to 1600x1200...

Now, by defualt, since the monitor has a native resolution of 1080p, it was on the hdtv one with the 1080p option ticked..
When i went on the 1600x1200 on the basic list, the desktop fit my whole screen even though the desktop background images werent as crisp as they were when the desktop was on the 1920x1080 mode...
that is obviously due to no. of pixel difference...
what should i do? Is there any way in CCC to cover the border???

TerrorBlade said:
Hey guys,

i own a Samsung B2330 Full HD monitor.

The issue is that it has a black border and hence, the whole screen is not occupied by my desktop... I could have as well been okay with a 22'' monitor instead of a 23'' since it shows a 22'' desktop because of this background...

My graphics card is a Sapphire HD6870 and using CCC, when i go to the desktop management section, there is a desktop area setting in which there are 2 options,

1) HDTV: which has resolutions from 648p to 1080p.

2) Basic: which has resolutions from 640x480 all the way up to 1600x1200...

Now, by defualt, since the monitor has a native resolution of 1080p, it was on the hdtv one with the 1080p option ticked..

When i went on the 1600x1200 on the basic list, the desktop fit my whole screen even though the desktop background images werent as crisp as they were when the desktop was on the 1920x1080 mode...

that is obviously due to no. of pixel difference...

what should i do? Is there any way in CCC to cover the border???
Update your display drivers to the latest version and tell what happens -- Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD.

Its the overscale issue ,if you have connected your monitor with a HDMI cable then you will see those black borders,to remove then you have to go in the catalyst drivers and find the option to over-scale the resolution.

joel.monty said:
Its the overscale issue ,if you have connected your monitor with a HDMI cable then you will see those black borders,to remove then you have to go in the catalyst drivers and find the option to over-scale the resolution.
The latest drivers solve this problem. My friend had this on his ATi HD 5850, after 11.3 it was rectified.

Back