arup

Disciple
Product Name: Samsung 40GB IDE
Expected Price: Rs 500
Shipping charges: Free / Rs.50
Manufacturer page URL:
Description if any: Thin shape, unlike some thick HDD
Reason for Sale: No need
Product condition: 7 out of 10, (never opened :p )
Purchase Date: Sometime in 2005 (mfg date 11/2004)
Remaining Warranty period: ZERO
Warranty available in: Nowhere
Invoice Available: No
Shipping from: Gopalganj, WB 733141
Shipping to: All over India, Local buyer,
Preferred courier: Regd post for free, dtdc for 50 extra
Payment options: Cash, bank transfer, Exchange with a ASUS(or other reputed brand) usb wifi adpater

Real pic & HDTUNE screens.
40gb ide.jpg100_1593.jpg
The forum software is resizing images to unreadable small size, so here's the full sized ones again in imageshack,

@scott1391990 I don't have any PC with PATA ports and thus can't check it. One month ago, I had plugged it in a friend's PC bought to my home for updating AV; then I took the required screenshots(above see).

If you see the POH, it's 30746hours=1281days=3.5years in only 332 power cycles which mean near 100hours in one run. I have used the HDD most of the times in 2005-2010 period with my first P4 machine and had noticed no problems expect some chkdsk which occurred after unsafe shutdowns.

The RSC is 29 from 2007 I guess when the PC was tortured by regular formatting every second day as then first time I got a cloned XP CD for 250Rs from a shop . :p

You can see in the 'error scan' tab in HDTUNE that I didn't made a quick-scan which usually hides bad sectors. I ran a full scan for 16minutes. No bad sectors present for sure.

The HDD contains 2 partitions, one for OS(xp) another for data. If you buy this HDD, you should format them as I don't have any PATA interface that I can format it or delete partitions.

You can trust on the performance of the HDD without any hesitation. You're getting this HDD at the price of a pendrive :)

Last edited by a moderator:
bump

Exchange offers accepted for PDs

Deal didnt proceed with scott, he got a local deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back