Monitors Samsung 32" Series 5 LCD Monitor Issue

malhotraraul

Skilled
Oct 20, 2008
Mumbai / Thane
recently i got this Samsung 32" Series 5 LCD Monitor, few weeks back i got 4350 1GB Graphic card with HDMI, till 2 days back the picture was full screen, edge to edge, but now it is leaving black space from all the 4 sides about 1 inches from all 4 sides, i checked it with VGA cable & it is fine in that, the picture is coming edge to edge, tried the onboard display, working fine on that too.

the lcd monitor has 3 HDMI inputs, tried in all 3 but the same problem, removed the card & tried again, no luck, also formatted the PC & loaded everything all over again, yet no luck, tried all the options.

can u guys please help me out, what is it with HDMI ????????

spirovious

Disciple
Apr 29, 2009
Another way is to use crop function in SW.
eg in vlc,if you cant see full screen ,you can use crop video to get full screen.This issue is with SD & not HD mov.

malhotraraul

Skilled
Oct 20, 2008
Mumbai / Thane
RedBull said:
In the TV Menu, Go to "Picture -> Picture Options" and make sure Size is set to "Screen Fit"

yes i also tried that option, it is only fitting that area, leaving space from all the 4 sides, i also checked it on my benq2200hd, same issue :( has my card gone for a toss :'(

meghna

Disciple
Mar 14, 2008
Mumbai
Umm.. my 2 bit here.. (Even i was facing a similar problem on the 40" Samsung 5 series)

Maybe this can help - In Catalyst Control Center...

Go to Graphics menu > Desktop and Displays.

Right click on your LCD from the bottom list (not the big boxes in middle) and click on Configure.

Go to "Scaling Options" tab and check Underscan-Overscan slider.

Keep your LCD on and see what value on slider fits your screen.

Edit:

This should help...

CCC_display_configure.jpg

It would be better if you ask further doubts in the thread itself vs PM as sum1 else with a similar problem can get an answer to their queries. :)

Reactions: 1 person

malhotraraul

Skilled
Oct 20, 2008
Mumbai / Thane
meghna said:
Umm.. my 2 bit here.. (Even i was facing a similar problem on the 40" Samsung 5 series)

Maybe this can help - In Catalyst Control Center...

Go to Graphics menu > Desktop and Displays.

Right click on your LCD from the bottom list (not the big boxes in middle) and click on Configure.

Go to "Scaling Options" tab and check Underscan-Overscan slider.

Keep your LCD on and see what value on slider fits your screen.

Edit:

This should help...

CCC_display_configure.jpg

It would be better if you ask further doubts in the thread itself vs PM as sum1 else with a similar problem can get an answer to their queries. :)

i don't think i have that version, updating ......... why was it working fine past more than one month & i didn't even have the catalyst installed that time, only now when i am facing this problem ??

i have ATI 4350 1GB & the card is getting heated to much, if i touch it, i cannot keep my finger for more then 10 secs, i kept it ON all day today, but after 5-6 hrs the monitor started to go OFF & ON in between for a sec & then it would work fine, the card is new, just a month old brought from a TE dealer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks a ton, installed the latest version & it worked, but i think my card is dying too, now i can sleep peacefully :)

Rave

ex-Mod
Jan 11, 2005
its to do with the overscan/underscan option where in for some reason CCC scales the image by default, you can change that by going into CCC, advance section, click on scaling options tab and move the slider to the right, i.e to 0

malhotraraul

Skilled
Oct 20, 2008
Mumbai / Thane
Rave said:
its to do with the overscan/underscan option where in for some reason CCC scales the image by default, you can change that by going into CCC, advance section, click on scaling options tab and move the slider to the right, i.e to 0

actually i was having an old version of catalyst which did not have that option, now all is well :eek:hyeah:

Party Monger

Skilled
Jul 15, 2007
I'm havin a similar problem on my lg jazz, my laptop doesnt hav hdmi , so i'm connecting through vga, now when i use the 720p resolution on nvidia control, it crops the picture, while it works well(full screen) on a lower resolution, when i enable scaling along with 720p, one third of the screen is left blank from my left side, but the resolution seems to be 720p, i tried using the inbuilt screen moving function but it seems to bring only an inch or more into view rest is still unviewable..

I hav 8400m gs as the graphics on the laptop, also, since the tv is fhd, why isnt it being detected as fhd? Max resolution shown is 720p only..

meghna

Disciple
Mar 14, 2008
Mumbai
malhotraraul said:
i don't think i have that version, updating ......... why was it working fine past more than one month & i didn't even have the catalyst installed that time, only now when i am facing this problem ??

i have ATI 4350 1GB & the card is getting heated to much, if i touch it, i cannot keep my finger for more then 10 secs, i kept it ON all day today, but after 5-6 hrs the monitor started to go OFF & ON in between for a sec & then it would work fine, the card is new, just a month old brought from a TE dealer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks a ton, installed the latest version & it worked, but i think my card is dying too, now i can sleep peacefully :)

Good that it solved the problem.. W.r.t. the heating, i guess you need to check your fans or internal air flow.. Not sure about it.

Party Monger

Skilled
Jul 15, 2007
iGo said:
^ I'm not sure if VGA can provide you FHD signals... I might be wrong here, but I think VGA won't be able to give your FHD resolution. You'll require HDMI or at least DVI for HD resolutions.

Vga can easily go above full hd resolutions also, could be a graphics card issue?