OC & Modding Safest Overclocking frequency for 2500K

Prosenjit

Reseller
Hi,
I want to know Safest Overclocking frequency for 2500K. I don't wanna any warranty void of my CPU.
I have the following config:

Core i5 2500K @ 4.50 GHz,
Corsair H80,
Z68XP-UD3R,
Gskill SNIPER 8GB, Ripjaws 8GB
ZOTAC 560Ti AMP!,
Crucial M4 128 GB,
Corsair VX 550,
APC 1100VA,
CM 690 II Advance,
WD Green 2TB + 1TB.

Thanks in advance.

I am just curious!!!

I am try increasing the frequency from 3.30 GHz. After 4.5 GHz I had stopped. Is this possible to increase more, if yes what is the highest frequency of 2500K??

the highest frequency depends on your method of cooling. air in this case in guessing. i would say 4.8 would be safe so far as you max temp is less than 80c when stress testing

AFAIK different chips of the same type of processor have different OC capabilities. Some might go as high as 5.5 and some might not even reach 4.5. One of my friend had an i5 2500k which couldn't even reach 4.5 no matter how much Vcore he pumped into it whereas my chip went to 4.4 with a mere 1.250 vcore. You can try OC'ing it further if you really need it otherwise 4.5 is a very decent OC. Apart from cooling and the chip OC capability also depends on the quality of MOBO, its phase design etc to some extent.

If you really want to take it higher then just try to keep you vcore below 1.39-1.4v and temperatures while stress testing below 80 c you will come to know of the capability of your chip yourself :)

Back