Safari for Windows full of bugs

random2

Adept
Nov 1, 2006
I couldnt run it on my notebook, it just wont run. Kept crashing after showing a part of the window. (old athlon with XP home SP2)

siddharth_menon

Disciple
Dec 30, 2006
www.vtalk2.com
And who says its fast ?

I tried opening some webpages its almost the same or slower.

As a web developer's point it sucks more .... the fonts don't render properly. It sometimes apper bolder as compared to IE and FireFox.

Crap.

Lokeshsetty

Disciple
Mar 31, 2007
I have been using it. It is real fast. In fact Mozilla and IE are no match when it comes to the speed. However there are some observations against Safari.

1. You can't use ctrl+enter in the address bar to and rather have to type the full domain name/URL.

2. The chat window doesn't work for gmail. :p

3. It is believed that it is not as secure as IE or Mozilla.

4. It is believed that it crashes once in 3 hours on an average, howver i haven't experienced such problems yet.

5. I was not able to host an image in imageshack as it gets stuck when we try to upload it. :p

safarihg0.gif

However this being the beta version, we can expect a neat and a fast browser at the end of day. But i still believe that apple have hurried launching this browser.

ultra vires

Adept
Dec 23, 2005
Not a fanboi of opera or so but IMHO opera runs way faster than firefox.

Yes i use firefox for sites which dont work too well with opera (its a must have , but definitely not faster than opera)

blr_p

Skilled
Apr 11, 2007
ultra vires said:
Not a fanboi of opera or so but IMHO opera runs way faster than firefox.

Yes i use firefox for sites which dont work too well with opera (its a must have , but definitely not faster than opera)

When wil these firefox *fools* realise that the day Opera became free, they would have less to crow about.

I dont need any other browser, Opera kicks them all.

No, i dont care to look at the code, i just want something that works on my 256MB RAM P3.

IE is still needed for sites coded to work with it. but for the remaining 95% Opera is fine.

Firefox is still installed for the 0.1% chance i need to use it.

ultra vires

Adept
Dec 23, 2005
i wouldn't go on to call some people fools if they use FF , but what i am saying is that Opera is good and you should give it a try.

FF with all those features and add-ons IMO is a nice browser (better than IE anyday) but not was fast as opera :)

sunbiz_3000

Adept
Apr 25, 2005
www.mavaindia.org
Safari takes a lot more memory than Firefox.... and all this time I thought Firefox was taking more memory than it should... I think Opera is still better than these two... but I still use Firefox

Apex

Skilled
Jan 28, 2005
India
www.sumitsphere.com
Opera might be the faster of all available browsers on earth but it surely doesn't provide the kind of user satisfaction that a browser like Firefox provides. Call it a better design, call it user friendliness, call it whatever but Firefox surely does have that extra something that Opera doesn't posses. It can't only be fan-boyism thats driving millions of Firefox downloads since its launch. Opera, like Firefox and now Safari, is also available for FREE incase someone failed to realize. So, what is it thats helping Firefox eat away IE's market share slowly and steadily while Opera or any other browser failed to do so? Its that special something that can't be put into words.

Let's not make this into yet another Opera v Firefox thread! Let's just stick to the topic and that's - 'Safari for Windows'. All posts made in this thread from now onwards must have the word 'Safari' in it atleast once. :eek:hyeah: