Ryzen 5000 APUs launched in India.

I've had no problems doing the same thing using a Athlon 3000G as well. The igpu handles it without any issues. I don't have the 3000G with me anymore to attach screenshots though.

As far as I remember, HEVC hardware decoding started since the intel 7th gen.

I have a 6th gen intel i5 that falls flat on it's face when trying to play 4k (CPU is stuck at 100% all the time).

I've had no problems doing the same thing using a Athlon 3000G as well. The igpu handles it without any issues. I don't have the 3000G with me anymore to attach screenshots though.

As far as I remember, HEVC hardware decoding started since the intel 7th gen.

I have a 6th gen intel i5 that falls flat on it's face when trying to play 4k (CPU is stuck at 100% all the time).
nice. how much did you get the 3000g for ? planning to buy one for a build for my cousin who plays indie games.

Wait then is my 2200G also capable of full 4k playback? That would be pretty darn fantastic for a chip I bought over 2 years ago for just 6k INR! And yea, HEVC likely plays a big role in making this happen. Would be interesting to see how these chips handle 4k on h264 vs 4k on h265 haha

Wait then is my 2200G also capable of full 4k playback? That would be pretty darn fantastic for a chip I bought over 2 years ago for just 6k INR! And yea, HEVC likely plays a big role in making this happen. Would be interesting to see how these chips handle 4k on h264 vs 4k on h265 haha
Yes, 2200G should also be capable of playing all the 4K content without any issues.

I have had no problems playing 4K videos using my ryzen 4650G, without any dedicated GPU. Attaching a screen grab for the same. Hope this helps.
View attachment 111840
Nice, i have a new question? What is the code name for the iGPUs in AMD proccy, is it VEGA 8,7,11, it's confusing, coz 3400G has vega 11 iGPU, and 4650G has VEGA 7, and 5700G has VEGA 8,
*phew* are they announcing versions in descending order or ascending, or we are getting less graphics in a NEW CPU.

Nice, i have a new question? What is the code name for the iGPUs in AMD proccy, is it VEGA 8,7,11, it's confusing, coz 3400G has vega 11 iGPU, and 4650G has VEGA 7, and 5700G has VEGA 8,
*phew* are they announcing versions in descending order or ascending, or we are getting less graphics in a NEW CPU.
I think it is the number of vega cores in the iGpu. They are the same cores, just different count, different clocks and the system memory.

Back