FS: Video Card RTX 2080 FE, GTX 1660S

RTX 2080 FE works great and performed well while stress testing (no unusual metrics in furmark at 2k resolution for 25 minutes and a peak temp of 81°). I shall transfer the remainder of the payment first thing tomorrow morning. It was a breeze to deal with such a friendly and helpful person @akhil1280 (shall further update in the future if i feel its necessary, or the need arises) +Reputation to the seller for such a smooth transaction.
P.S - A huge shoutout @mutant for being one of the nicest chaps ive had the pleasure to meet online and then in person ! Super duper guy and huge props to him for helping me in a dire situation !!! +Reputation for being such a kind and accommodating person.

Just completed my build, and unfortunately the RTX 2080 FE has a major issue with the fans, i was asked specifically not to use any sort of oc software or mess with the fan curves by @akhil1280 (he did not want to run the risk of someone messing the card up is what he said), but it seems he was being devious. The card when put under any sort of stress (ghostwire tokyo in my case), produces a horrible sound as soon as the fans ramp up above 50% when the card gets hot. It is so bad that it is audible from outside my room. I have relayed this information to him through whatsapp and have tried contacting him too, but have gotten no response as of yet.
Mods please help me find a reasonable solution @puns @Crazy_Eddy , Ive paid 26.5k in full for a product that cant see a regular use case scenario without creating a massive racket.
I had tested the card locally in @mutant rig, but since @akhil1280 had explicitly asked me not to stress the card unnecessarily we did not push it at all. He can corroborate this if required, i can also put up a video where the issue can more than clearly be heard.
Please respond @akhil1280 and do the right thing. It is obvious to me that this was a known issue to you and hence you were so adamant regarding no oc or fan curve adjustments being made during the testing phase.

Last edited:
He @akhil1280 has self confirmed over whatsapp that he was well aware of the fan noise issue and that it never bothered him. Ive clearly stated to him that the fact that he did not have an issue does not mean that others wouldn't, and also it doesn't give him the right to leave out this piece of information on the sale thread. any issues with any products must be mentioned clearly for the sake of transparency. he is making poor excuses such as the fact that i tested the card out on a friends rig and didnt mention this to him, as if it makes the fact that he chose to do so regarding the fan noise right on his part. I clearly told him i did not have all my components and thus did not have a fully functional rig to test it on. He also tried to raise an issue with the amount i stated to have paid (26500) which in actuality was 26100, my bad but thats besides the point and isnt relevant to the issue i have raised with his product. He then went on to insinuate that cause that's how he got the card and he didn't do anything about it, ( he clearly isnt averse to a massive racket in his space) that i should be too. The fact that he has the gall to claim to have a problem with me mis-stating the amount paid for a card (by 400 bucks?!) that cannot be used under any sort of stress, is absolutely appalling.
He still refuses to pick up my calls and have a chat to resolve this issue @puns @Crazy_Eddy please help, the seller @akhil1280 is not playing nice and refuses to level with me.

Waiting for @akhil1280 's response.
thank you so much @Crazy_Eddy I really do appreciate it.
Quick update so everyone knows,
he @akhil1280 first offered me 3k, then 5k ( what a joke, absolutely ridiculous imo ) to keep his faulty card, which i clearly refused and asked for a full refund. I made it crystal clear that for such a high value item its just not acceptable to keep buyers in the dark regarding known issues and its even shadier of his to not allow any sort of adjustments to fans curves etc. he knew the issue and hence behaved that way, and i actually listened to him in good faith...
He then told me to ship the card first and then he would inspect it for damages and then offer a refund, he even had the audacity to ask me how much i wanted ! ( i have told him clearly and shall send him videos and proof that the card is just as he sent it, it looks pristine but let this be a lesson to all not to judge a book by its cover )
i have asked for a full refund and he shall arrange for shipping this time since i paid 600 in shipping (seems OP to me) the card was 25500 and with shipping the grand total i paid was 26100.
He shall first transfer 15k to me and book the shipping, i shall hand over the package and when he receives the courier he shall transfer the rest 11100.
I have told him very nicely never to pull such a move again, it not just ruins his reputation but also throws shade on this forum.
He still hasnt picked even one of my calls and prefers to message on whatsapp instead. another dead giveaway imo about his awareness and guilt regarding selling a faulty product.
i shall keep the mods updated, please mods feel free to contact me in case you need to see evidence regarding anything ive stated above @puns @Crazy_Eddy
he @akhil1280 has credited the initial advance i had made to him - 15k received. Booking a shipping agent now and should be shipped by tomorrow back to him. He shall credit the remaining 11100 upon receiving the card.
i shall update once the card has been shipped and shall share pictures and a packing video so he may be at ease. i shall also take insurance on the package to be on the safer side.
thanks @Crazy_Eddy and @puns for being so responsive, cant thank them enough.
shipping booked with insurance, tracking details shared @akhil1280
shall post once the package has been handed over.
Package has been picked up and pictures of every packing step and AWB number with tracking details have been shared @akhil1280 , thanks to everyone for the show of support and for reaching out to me in such a situation. I truly appreciate the response from the mods @puns and @Crazy_Eddy and hope @akhil1280 shall have learnt his lesson and shall be more transparent with his dealings in the future. I shall update once the package has been delivered.
Lots of love to the TE community !

Last edited:
Back