Router with in-built Torrent downloader

ethanhunt123

Disciple
I am looking to replace my 4 yr old DI-524 router. I would prefer to buy one with inbuilt torrent capabilities so that i dont have to leave my laptop on all the time. Also n would be preferable.

Here are the options i think -

Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH (arnd 4.5k)
Asus 520GU (around 2k but without n, also need to put Tomato etc for torrent )
Asus RT-N13U (price ?? Also does the BT work properly ?)
Asus RT-N16U (pricey at arnd 9k)

Are there any other options in the market ? Also which one out of these is best. On paper Buffalo looks to blow everyone else out of the water especialy with its price.

Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH . go for it. i have heard some great reviews about it, no need for port forwarding and all that hassle at all.

One more question, does anyone of them support NTFS ? If not, what do i format my HDD as. If i do FAT32, i wont be able to dload files >4GB. And if i do to XFS, how do i access files from my Mac and PC ?

even i was interested in getting one of these..any idea how much hash check time it will take for a 10 GB single file after a power failure..

i got this asus rt-n13u yesterday..i think it does have that option also option to install dd-wrt

then u have everything u want..i think..

routers flashed with tamato or other s/w creates lotsa issues, freezing problems, frequent disconnections, slow speed & etc, nothing full proof info available, was waiting to do this, took a low power consumption rig instead.

N13U torrent downloader does not work with default firmware - the problem AFAIK is the software client called download master, which does everything but that.

malhotraraul said:
routers flashed with tamato or other s/w creates lotsa issues, freezing problems, frequent disconnections, slow speed & etc, nothing full proof info available, was waiting to do this, took a low power consumption rig instead.
Please stop BS'ing! I have been using a Buffalo WHR HP G54 since a year which has been flashed with the tomato f/w without the issues you have mentioned. It may be limited to some routers even with the stock f/w.

@blackbird - we're talking about the torrent client built into the router, not using a PC to download. If you have a working version, please post the version of firmware and the download master software version. No one on the forums of Asus or anywhere else has managed to get this to work properly and consistently, I congratulate you on being the first. mine does not even detect the plugged-in drive, let alone start downloading.

Desecrator said:
Please stop BS'ing! I have been using a Buffalo WHR HP G54 since a year which has been flashed with the tomato f/w without the issues you have mentioned. It may be limited to some routers even with the stock f/w.
hey einstein, I know the ways the router do not work & yes, within some time i'll be getting my hands on something wonderful & no hassles required, maybe posting some reviews on it too.

in the mean time you can go back to school & learn some manners.

Back