router restart script...???

tukuta

Disciple
hi guys im looking for router restart script for vista 32bit...im using mtnl's NU plan...so i hav to restart the modem manuaaly...so ineed this script...pls help...thnxxx

Well ... i was facing the same problem as i have BSNL NU. But instead of spending sleepless nights.. found this solution .. works 100% and i think for almost any router(not checked though). mine is WA30002G4. and on pppoe ..

All you have to is ... set

http://192.168.1.1/rebootinfo.cgi

as your default page in any of spare browser... i use IE :).

and just run browser using any schedular @ predifined time. It will automatically reboot your Router!!! so no need of any script !!!

You can also use Free download manager .. for one point solution for NU.

Download the software from here.

Free Download Manager - absolutely free download accelerator and manager

After installation, you can see scheduler tab as in pic. You will have to schedule it , like i have done, dial the connection at 2.15am, launch utorrent at 2.16am, and shutdown the pc at 7.50. To be on safer side ... dont forget to add reboot of router ...

PIC is self explanatory ..

Hope it works for you ...

tukuta said:
hi guys im looking for router restart script for vista 32bit...im using mtnl's NU plan...so i hav to restart the modem manuaaly...so ineed this script...pls help...thnxxx

If you have your PC directly connected to the modem, you done have to restart the modem. There is a better solution.

Put your modem on bridge. Dial from your PC. If you shutdown ur system, internet will automatically get disconnected.

If your on a router which is then connected to the modem, refer to to this - http://www.techenclave.com/guides-and-tutorials/guide-night-downloading-mtnl-749nu-plan-113072.html

hope this helps.

The reboot script below works perfectly on my UT-300R2U..
Code:
192.168.1.1 23
WAIT "Login:"
SEND "admin\m"
WAIT "Password:"
SEND "\madmin\m"
WAIT "Login:"
SEND "admin\m"
WAIT "Password:"
SEND "admin\m"
WAIT
SEND "reboot\m"
WAIT

I don't understand why more people don't use their routers in bridged mode. It's such an elegant solution compared to scheduled router reboot scripts.

Well, the method varies for each router. But it's pretty simply and nothing the average techie couldn't manage.
Just google the procedure for your router's make and model.

sTALKEr said:
^^ try clicking on the link i posted.

i already read it...
so its a better option than using all those scripts right ?

one more thing..
which modem should i go for...

is Dlink 502t good ?
its available for 1350 at my area !

else any other better option which also supports all the above mentioned features but better in efficiency...

i have also heard that MTNL some times disconnects its user in regular intervals for 2-4hrs...

anyway i can get a router/modem which supports auto-login/reconnecting ?

PS:
sorry for askin such long questions...
wat to do but... this PSU`s make me nervous :p

regards

Back