Audio Rockboxing the Sansa Clip+ and Fuze

saumilsingh

Skilled
Mar 17, 2005
12+ hours playback with FLACs! Why couldn't Sansa make this possible with the OF?
Either they couldn't or they wouldn't because there were hardware repercussions is what I think.

Or am I just being paranoid :S? So sleepy...

Reactions: 1 person

Rockfella

Playing BFV
ex-Mod
Mar 18, 2007
Gurgaon/NCR.
Thats just great!!! :)

saumilsingh said:
12+ hours playback with FLACs! Why couldn't Sansa make this possible with the OF?

Either they couldn't or they wouldn't because there were hardware repercussions is what I think.

Or am I just being paranoid :S? So sleepy...

manu1991

Barely Alive
Skilled
Dec 31, 2007
New Delhi
Is rockbox.org opening for anyone ? I was thinking about upgrading to the latest build but the site isnt opening for me since 2-3 days .

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
manu1991 said:
Is rockbox.org opening for anyone ? I was thinking about upgrading to the latest build but the site isnt opening for me since 2-3 days .

Yes dude. Seems the site has some problems. It is not opening at all.

FaH33m

Analog Vibes
Skilled
Apr 29, 2006
Just rockbox'ed my Fuze and it's awesome !! The themes , games etc :D ..Didn't notice any improvement in SQ though :p. Yet to play around with EQ, bass boost does work well till 3db .

Also the Home button is almost useless with rockbox. It doesnt take you to Home screen when you press it or go to "Now playing " on double press :S .

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
sumedhmumbai said:
i would like a short guide to multi booting
After rockboxing it....

Turn on the player normal by pressing the power button, it will boot into ROCKBOX firmware

Turn on the player by first pressing the << button and simultaneously press the power button to boot into original firmware

Metalspree

Skilled
Mar 1, 2006
Bangalore
Can all you post your eq settings .Please post the settings around quote.I got one from thenvk already.

Here it is,this one is for bass heads :)

eq enabled: on

eq precut: 100

eq band 0 cutoff: 60

eq band 1 cutoff: 80

eq band 2 cutoff: 800

eq band 3 cutoff: 4000

eq band 4 cutoff: 12000

eq band 0 q: 25

eq band 1 q: 25

eq band 2 q: 7

eq band 3 q: 29

eq band 4 q: 17

eq band 0 gain: 90

eq band 1 gain: 40

eq band 2 gain: 0

eq band 3 gain: 0

eq band 4 gain: 0

How to use the settings

1)Copy them to notepad and name it as your desired name .cgf then copy paste the file to .rockbox--->EQ

2) After saving it with the given settings as .cfg

Navigate to --Settings--Sound settings--Equalizer--browse eq -- select the one you saved.

gauz88

Disciple
Dec 8, 2007
Rockboxed my sansa clip+. but i cant seem to take note of the charging levels while i plug in the clip+. Is there anything im missing here?

Also im running it in MSC mode. So when i connect it to my laptop, the player is not detected. i have to boot in OF for file transfer.

can someone advice wht should be the way forward?

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
^^ Rockbox firmware currently does not allow PC connection so for that you will need to boot into original firmware and then connect it to PC.

Also we have found that probably it does not even charge when connected in rockbox mode (i may be wrong), so it is suggested you charge only in original firmware mode.

Guys i am having issues with applying some of the themes. This happens with some of the preloaded themes as well as with the one i downloaded.

I tried downloading the yellowbardynamic theme from this location and kept the required files in their specific folders. Then i started my clip+ and went to theme settings and browsed the new theme and also in now playing setting i selected its wps file. But now when i go to now playing screen, i dont get anything in the blue portion of screen, only some icons (play, pause etc) in the top yellow part :S

Why so and how to properly apply the theme ?

gauz88

Disciple
Dec 8, 2007
raksrules said:
^^ Rockbox firmware currently does not allow PC connection so for that you will need to boot into original firmware and then connect it to PC.
Also we have found that probably it does not even charge when connected in rockbox mode (i may be wrong), so it is suggested you charge only in original firmware mode.

Thanks raks! i put it on charge in rockbox mode and it got switched offf.. later when i tried to switch it on...it didnt work.. gave me the feeling it got bricked or somethin. Luckily after about 10 mins or so it started working just fine.
:ashamed:

raksrules

Elite
Aug 30, 2007
Mumbai
gauz88 said:
Thanks raks! i put it on charge in rockbox mode and it got switched offf.. later when i tried to switch it on...it didnt work.. gave me the feeling it got bricked or somethin. Luckily after about 10 mins or so it started working just fine.

:ashamed:
Same thing happened with me yesterday. My clip+ was on low battery and it shut off. Now pressing the ON switch for like 30 seconds and restarting also did not work. Connecting to PC and charging was also sort of futile. I thought it is bricked. Still i kept it connected to Laptop and after half an hour i switched it and it was working again :yahoo:

So best thing is to charge it back as soon as power level falls to very low.

thenvk

Adept
Aug 7, 2007
Metalspree said:
^^Saar i am a bass head ,you insulted me sayin i am not a bass head :p.I did not like your settings saar,they way too boomy :(
I don't mean to insult you ... You said you love Re0 in many posts which is a bass light earphone. Hence assumed that. If you think my settings are boomy, try reducing the precut, it will work for you. Also you can reduce the bass as well... Hope this helps.