Budget 51-70k Review/Comment needed for my Gaming Build !

Hi Guys ,
So I'm building something after almost years and almost everything has changed .
//Scrap->Though I keep following technology and know what has changed and what not , I need review for my build below if everything will be fine .

Budget:- 70k approx (excluding UPS) .
Updated (29/07)

Already Bought Components :-

MOBO :- MSI Z97 PC MATE (9k)

RAM :- Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB Single (5.7k) (Will upgrade later after few months so bough single instead of double )

PSU :- Antec High Current Gamer 750 Modular (7.7k)

CASE :- NZXT Source 530 (6.4k)

CPU : - i5-4690k (Devil's Canyon) (15.4k)

UPS :- APC Back UPS Pro 1000 (its awesome - gives wattage usage , voltage and what not !) (7.5k)

HDD : - Seagate 1TB 7200 RPM Sata III 64 MB Cache (3.6k)

Need to Buy -

Cooler : - Cooler Master hyper 212 EVO (2.6k)

GPU
: - R9 280x (Sapphire Toxic Version) - Heard lot of artifacts issues with 280x series , fear that it will be bad ..... should i skip this ..if i skip this what would be best then around 20k .

Thanks ,
Rajesh

Last edited:
CPU : - i5-4690k (16.57k)
GPU : - Sapphire R9 280x 3GB Dual-x (22.5k)
HDD : - WD Caviar Black 1TB (5.5k)
Cooler : - Cooler Master Hyper 412s (4.2k)
UPS :- APC 1100VA UPS (5.5k)

Don't worry about 280x artifacts occur only in 1 out of 10k so go with Dual-X version of 280x.

Who recommended this combo? :p For the long run its probably safer to stick to mild overclocks with the mentioned board.

My budget was less before (different parts too) and bought the mobo accordingly . I somewhat regret that now but since i'm doing these after years , can you explain the difference in cheap mobo vs gaming grade mobo in overclocking scenario ? Will the cheap one harm the other components ?

Number of power phases which are required for a stable overclock.

Thanks , Well I got all the parts , except the GFX . Assembled it and it runs at the first time ! (was nervous building something after long time without anyone's support) .

I''m totally confused for the GFX though !! I AM NOT in the mood to get 280X for now as everyone is reporting artifacting issues on a massive scale (I'm scared) .

Now for that , Nvidia announced gtx 870 and 880 for october release and I'm not sure if I should wait that long and if its worth it .

GFX = totally confused . Budget for GFX -> around 15k ...... if its bang for buck (around 25k - will take on emi :( ) .......

Motherboard is average- Suggest you buy a higher end Z97 Mobo.

One more advice- Don't buy the GPU now. R9 285-Tonga GPU are gonna arrive soon.

Back