Revanced: possible successor to vanced utube

Are you sure that is not malware? UBlock Origin blocks that page as badware for me
No such issues for me. Even I was in two minds initially as this and the other (official?) ReVanced site are the top two results when you Google Vanced.

Hope it doesn't turn out to be rogue later on.

Fair point by all. Although talk of 'official version' is a bit pointless for something like this, safety is a valid point and a site that links to a Github repo is a good heuristic to follow.

I'll keep using the .net one and report back if there's further news on that front. So far so good

EDIT: They seem to have a Github repo too - https://github.com/revancedapps

Last edited:
Run a virus checker?
Anything specific in mind? Happy to try it out.

EDIT: Ran Bitdefender and Malwarebytes scans (latter took an age), nothing was flagged.

EDIT EDIT: Good on them for getting the attribution correct.

Screenshot_20240330_001841_Brave.jpg

Last edited:
Would be interesting to see if they are going to completely block the apps or take action at the account level.
I'm super scared of Google nuking my account (i.e. gmail) and leaving me with zero recourse. I don't think it's even possible to talk to a human for customer support in Google.

Maybe I should migrate to a paid email service provider!

I have YouTube premium and still use third-party apps for Sponsorblock and Return Dislike. Would be interesting to see if they are going to completely block the apps or take action at the account level.
Same, I have premium family in my primary google account with the official YouTube app, but I have watch/search history turned off, hardly ever use it. Primarily use ogyoutube (anyone remembers)/vanced/revanced with an alt account.

Revanced has more features than premium, Sponsorblock, return youtube dislikes, ui customisation (removed shorts section entirely), old quality selection panel (unlike the 2 step in Youtube) to name a few. Big channels are especially unwatchable without sponsorblock.

I have YouTube premium and still use third-party apps for Sponsorblock and Return Dislike. Would be interesting to see if they are going to completely block the apps or take action at the account level.
They've mentioned what issues users of such apps will face (buffering, content not available etc.). I don't see how their 'action' would amount to anything more than that, especially something as extreme as something at the account level.

I'm super scared of Google nuking my account (i.e. gmail) and leaving me with zero recourse.
Don't be scared. Google is not taking action on the end users for using 3rd party platforms. They will target only those platforms. Always.

Your account is way too valuable for Google to just randomly nuke it. You know why. ;)

They've mentioned what issues users of such apps will face (buffering, content not available etc.). I don't see how their 'action' would amount to anything more than that, especially something as extreme as something at the account level.
This already happened a month ago and immediately fixed by revanced.
My previous post mentioned it.
Previous vendor "Vanced" and didn't update the microg app.
PoToken, which was added to requests recently by google was missing.
Because the PoToken was missing, playback failed.

That is why Revanced shifted to their own microg variant now.
That said everyone needs to update now as older versions will stop working.

Back