Required: Suggestion for a Nice DVD Player

Emperor

Skilled
Hey friends,

Just I got a call from friend he ask a suggestion for Best DVD player. He knows about mouthshut.com so I ask to surf there about review but he replies that "Site Is Banned"

I asked him to see TE but all reviews and post here on TE is long time back.

So please contribute your suggestion here again about DVD Players.

Let us provide good information to people who miss Mouth.....com:D

TechHead said:
What features? Budget?DiVX?
All Latest Features so there is less requirement of Up gradation in near future.

Yes DivX requires. Need amplifier as in future I plan to make it home theater.

Budgest Rs.5000 (+- 500)

Amp? You mean built-in audio outs?

Look at the LG and Samsung DiVX players. In 8K or so, there is a Samsung universal player, the 950, which plays back SACD, DVD-A as well as DiVX. Worth a gander.

TechHead said:
Amp? You mean built-in audio outs?
Look at the LG and Samsung DiVX players. In 8K or so, there is a Samsung universal player, the 950, which plays back SACD, DVD-A as well as DiVX. Worth a gander.
Somewhere I read people have very bad experience with LG and Samsung. Kindly suggest any other Brand with DiVX. OK if no built-in audio outs.

Right now the Philips 5106k seems to be a gr8 option, since other models i.e. 5150 and 5140k are not to be found on stores shelfs. I personally use the 5106k and its touchwood uptil now. Only issue it has are playing packed bit stream Xvid files which can be solves easily by using MPEG4Modifier.

Blade_Runner said:
Right now the Philips 5106k seems to be a gr8 option, since other models i.e. 5150 and 5140k are not to be found on stores shelfs. I personally use the 5106k and its touchwood uptil now. Only issue it has are playing packed bit stream Xvid files which can be solves easily by using MPEG4Modifier.

Please give me detail how to use MPEG4Modifier.?
Is it software or HW?

Thanks

Stick said:
Hey friends,

Just I got a call from friend he ask a suggestion for Best DVD player. He knows about mouthshut.com so I ask to surf there about review but he replies that "Site Is Banned"

I asked him to see TE but all reviews and post here on TE is long time back.

So please contribute your suggestion here again about DVD Players.

Let us provide good information to people who miss Mouth.....com:D

Buy mine -

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=9710835986&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Blade_Runner said:
http://www.moitah.net/
Its a software, download it from the url given above. Click on browse and open the file and check Unpack and save it. And the file will play smoothly without any stuttering.
Sorry for DUMB Questions :

I am talking about DVD Player and I don't know how to upgrade DVD Player as I am going to use it for TV at Home to watch movies, no relation with PC at all.:S

Hello Blade_Runner,

I get you what you want to knwo me, but I don't know How to use Software Update for DVD Player, as it is not attached with PC how can I unpack the softwate and make it RUN so it will accepted by DVD Player.

Stick you are going to burn the divx/xvid files onto a cd/dvd before playing them isnt it ? So before burning you need to check for packed bit stream, you donot need to attach the dvd player or whatever to the pc mate. The software needs to be run on the PC, modfiy the file (movie) you are going to watch on the dvd player and then burn it for watching. I hope your following me ................

Blade_Runner said:
Stick you are going to burn the divx/xvid files onto a cd/dvd before playing them isnt it ? So before burning you need to check for packed bit stream, you donot need to attach the dvd player or whatever to the pc mate. The software needs to be run on the PC, modfiy the file (movie) you are going to watch on the dvd player and then burn it for watching. I hope your following me ................
Oh !

Thanks mate, I tonally forget about this.

I only assume that I rent a CD/DVD from Shop and Play it.

But What if the Movie is Already on divx/xvid (as I never download movies online) formate? OR

it is not possible to see divx/xvid DVD direct on DVD Player? OR

none of Movies already made in divx/xvid formate?

Again sorry for DUMBO, I really have NIL knowledge about DVD Player.:(

Systemic Anamoly said:
u dont get divx format movies in CD\DVD shops :p

i think ur really confused regarding the file formats than DVD players

if u just buy CD\DVD from shops go for a medium ranged player... like pioneer DV 366
see this link for more details DVD Player - Pioneer DV 366

The price is well under 5k :)
Yes you are right I am confused.

But I think it will be OK if I will go for Philips as it have Divx (if in future I am start donwloading movies online:rofl: ) and other features and it is near by Rs.4500-4900.:D

Thanks for your reply.

Back