Laptops Require laptop 4 a friend

SoulFire

Skilled
* What's your Budget? No specific budget maybe 60-70kish
* What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? mostly web surfing, some school/college projects , lotsa movies
* What size and weight considerations do you have? since its for a girl something lightweight would be preferred,screen size ,anything in widescreen
* Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? no such preferences, any bang for the buck comp
* Any other considerations? decent battery life,widescreen, glossy screen

told her to take a look at the Sony VAIO C series nice pink laptop, wonder what the pricing and config on that would be like

also there is an option to pickup the laptop from Dubai,would that be a better bet?:p

the pc would be used out of india so warranty i guess aint an issue.

a decent performance is expected so as no slowdown should be noticeable
i guess something on the grounds of
c2d
1 gb ram
any video card with 16mb video or more
60-100gb hdd (storage space reqd)
bluetooth
dvdrw

these r basic requirements, let the opinions flow in and thanks in advance

hi soulfire....weight is directly proportional to the screen size.i ll suggest u to get hp or dell as they are worth the money.when u need a normal graphic card, then u can get laptop between 50-57k.in my opinion, as per ur primary usage, u also dont need core 2 duo....core duo ll be nice.

u can look for hp pavillion dv 2000 or 6100 series or dell laptops.u can look for dell 640 m and put another 512mb to get 1gb ram.

Back