Laptops Replacement of cracked Lenovo laptop display

deep16

Adept
Aug 9, 2010
hyderabad
My friend has a 2 years old Ideapad 15.4", during shifting between houses he managed to crack the glass and now it has long horizontal crack on the glass.
The display is working as fine but if we tilt the monitor more than 100~110 degrees a pinkish strip arrives in the bottom of the display else its working fine.
Yesterday a shop quoted a used replacement screen of 3500 and a new replacement screen of 4500, now we are undecided to choose which one,
Please give your inputs guys.

nish_pinto

Voyager.Fpv
Adept
Nov 6, 2008
Mumbai
My friend has a 2 years old Ideapad 15.4", during shifting between houses he managed to crack the glass and now it has long horizontal crack on the glass.
The display is working as fine but if we tilt the monitor more than 100~110 degrees a pinkish strip arrives in the bottom of the display else its working fine.
Yesterday a shop quoted a used replacement screen of 3500 and a new replacement screen of 4500, now we are undecided to choose which one,
Please give your inputs guys.
A new replacement would be better in my opinion, provided he is giving you a warranty of atleast 3 months. You never know what may go wrong with a used one because a friend of mine had gone through a problem, a month after he replaced his screen with a used one from a laptop repair shop. Nothing could be done, so then he had to go with a new one again.

Reactions: deep16