Replacement for default Nokia router by Airtel

rockysam619

Recruit
Hi all, I am using nokia default router and facing slow connection issues in rooms slightly distant from router. I do not want to use a repeater as have bad experience in the past with that. Could you please suggest a good router which I can use and have constant network speed in atleast 2 floors?

PS: would like a future proof solution. budget no issue.

Last edited:
If using repeater then it must be placed where signals from primary router is about 65-70%. I would avoid repeaters as speed is lost when using those.
Use an additional access point instead. Pull a LAN cable from primary router long enough to reach your desired location and then plug the cable in LAN port (not WAN) of another router (should be set in AP mode). You'll get full speed this way.

A single router cannot cover that much area. You need a repeater or additional access point to cover two floors, period.

If budget ain't an issue, get few routers from Asus (like AC68U or AX series for WiFi6). Set up primary one in Access Point mode, and rest in AiMesh.

Thanks for inputs! can you please recommend a good repeater router? I would like to invest in a good router.
You can buy almost any dual band router and configure it as access point and just connect it LAN to LAN cable.
Repeating wirelessly will reduce your bandwidth in half unless the device has multiple 5Ghz radios in which it uses one radio to send/receive data from primary router and another radio to communicate with user's device.

And yeah, to add one more thing, you won't be able to replace the Airtel Nokia router as you would still need it as a modem (and even as a router). So replacement isn't possible, you can turn it's WiFi off and use your own 'routers' as access point.

If budget really permits, look into Ubiquiti APs.

And yeah, to add one more thing, you won't be able to replace the Airtel Nokia router as you would still need it as a modem (and even as a router). So replacement isn't possible, you can turn it's WiFi off and use your own 'routers' as access point.

If budget really permits, look into Ubiquiti APs.
Thanks for the inputs.. could you post some product links and knowhow on how to set it up?

Back