Replace mouse switch or new mouse ?

Awesomadin

DON'T TRADE
Disciple
Hey everyone, I've been using a Zowie EC1-A for 3 years and now I'm experiencing a problem with the left click. I'm thinking of replacing the mouse button, but I can only find non-branded ones for 20 rupees each at local market, which I don't think will last. Are there any branded mouse click switches available or should I just get a new mouse?

I see both switches have similar price while the kailh has 60m clicks/cycles and the other has 90m. Which one will be a good to go ?

Personally I'm going to try kailh next. Have read that the omrons are designed for higher voltage applications and the lower voltages mouse run cause premature failure. So want to try my luck with something designed for this use

Another website which has a couple more types of Kailhs https://www.genesispc.in/product/kailh-gm-micro-switch/
Unfortunately the Switches are out of stock currently on this website.

Personally I'm going to try kailh next. Have read that the omrons are designed for higher voltage applications and the lower voltages mouse run cause premature failure. So want to try my luck with something designed for this use
Will give it a try. Also do you know any website who sells zowie mouse skates ?

Unfortunately the Switches are out of stock currently on this website.
Apart from kailh, huano switches are also available on this site-https://www.esckey.in/collections/components
Haven't used the site personally but they are on discord and have another store called stickeys.
If I'm not wrong zowie uses huano blue switches with white dot. If you want similar feeling switch then above site has those options. Huano blue shell pink dot are preferred given the rating of 80m.
People claim kailh gm 8.0 are quite spammable. 4.0 and 2.0 are heavier in comparison. There are also double click problems raised by few users on reddit for kailh switches, could be a bad batch.

Given all these are mechanical switches, they will double click with time. A slightly heavier switch might survive longer. So choose one which suits your gaming needs. Popular choices have been Kailh, Huano, TTC and Japanese Omron switches, each with varying degree of differences in their actuation force and leaf material used in switch (gold or silver plated etc).

I haven't come across zowie skates, only option I see on amazon costs 1.4k which is high as they are imported ones.
Using a heat gun or something similar to lift the skates would help from not damaging them.

I have the same mouse and had the same problem, what I did was I replaced my faulty mouse click 1 button with the button from the side, in my case the bottom one was less used, so I swapped them. The faulty one works okay, it had the double click issue I think.

I bought this mouse in 2016 and opened it the very first time last year. Worked flawless for 6 years and it was used very roughly in counter strike. Still using it daily.

1700945382085.jpeg

Last edited:
Apart from kailh, huano switches are also available on this site-https://www.esckey.in/collections/components
Haven't used the site personally but they are on discord and have another store called stickeys.
If I'm not wrong zowie uses huano blue switches with white dot. If you want similar feeling switch then above site has those options. Huano blue shell pink dot are preferred given the rating of 80m.
People claim kailh gm 8.0 are quite spammable. 4.0 and 2.0 are heavier in comparison. There are also double click problems raised by few users on reddit for kailh switches, could be a bad batch.

Given all these are mechanical switches, they will double click with time. A slightly heavier switch might survive longer. So choose one which suits your gaming needs. Popular choices have been Kailh, Huano, TTC and Japanese Omron switches, each with varying degree of differences in their actuation force and leaf material used in switch (gold or silver plated etc).

I haven't come across zowie skates, only option I see on amazon costs 1.4k which is high as they are imported ones.
Using a heat gun or something similar to lift the skates would help from not damaging them.
Thanks for the info! I've heard positive feedback about Omron switches. Regarding Zowie skates, 1.4 rupees seems really high. If I decide to open the mouse, I will definitely use a heat gun.
I have the same mouse and had the same problem, what I did was I replaced my faulty mouse click 1 button with the button from the side, in my case the bottom one was less used, so I swapped them. The faulty one works okay, it had the double click issue I think.

I bought this mouse in 2016 and opened it the very first time last year. Worked flawless for 6 years and it was used very roughly in counter strike. Still using it daily.

View attachment 183863
Not a bad idea. I should give it a try, but I think it would be good to replace it with a new switch.

I tried this.

Getting the switch off the board is the tough one if you doing it for the first time. I would highly suggest to try doing it on waste board. Play around with solder.

fixing / getting good contact with board and new switch is even more difficult imo for newbies. I spoiled my old G302 mouse board. I am happy with CM M712 wireless now.

Take care to only solder in an open environment. Those fumes can be nasty. Buy a good solder sucker from an electronics shop, they are cheap and would save you countless hours.

Just ordered Kailh GM 8.0 for my G304. The left click is giving issues in high humidity days, works fine for some time after blowing air into it but planning to replace the switch for a change. Have a spare mouse, and this G304 was bought for ₹1136 renewed quite a while ago. Let's GO!

Successfully swapped both right and left click switches for my G304 in an hour with Kaihl GM 8.0
I did it with solder sucker and de-soldering wick.
Hard job for absolute beginners.
Getting the switch off the board is the tough one if you doing it for the first time.
Just put some more solder to go along with existing one, once melted, use the solder sucker. All solder comes off clean. It gets easier the second time, and then even easier the third time.

Back